New Owner, ISOFIX and Lounge Pack

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
bargi   
Sun Nov 06 2016, 09:16pm
Member No: #2590
Well Hello!

New owner here, Petrol Exclusive recently purchased from a forum member and currently wafting around London town

Hoping someone can shed some light on the ISOFIX mount points on a C6 with a Lounge Pack.
Went to test fit a car seat today and found it a real task to get to the ISOFIX rings.
Only way I could get to them was to pull up the bottom of the seat back and squeeze the seat connectors through.

But as you can see in the photos it doesn't look right.

The manual states
"To install an ISOFIX child seat in an Pack Lounge seat position you
have to adjust the vehicle seat as far forward as possible. Once the
ISOFIX child seat is attached, it is then possible to recline the Pack
Lounge seat."

The photo above is with the seat all the way forward. I did start moving it back but stopped as it just pulled the seat legs up into the seat back even more.

There seems to be too much pressure from the seat connectors pushing up into the seat back, which will damage and tear the seat.

Am I missing something here with the fitting?

gil8338   
Mon Nov 07 2016, 06:59pm
Member No: #2512
Hi, I struggled to fit my isofix as well. I put the seat fully upright then prised the cushions apart and located one side firmly then rocked the base sharply to the opposite side to latch the other. This held the base really well but looking at the first photo your base arms look a lot fatter than mine and maybe they're not as long as ours.....Dan
bargi   
Tue Nov 08 2016, 03:08pm

[%*^#@!]. Tried another brand isofix seat and it's no different.
If the incline of base was flatter or the padding was less it'd be OK.

Might just need to bite the bullet. Maybe see if I can get a trimmer to remove some of stitching at the bottom of the seat back so it sits up like a flap.

bargi   
Thu Nov 10 2016, 11:03pm

FWIW, Tried the the Britax Duo Plus which is the seat recommended by Citroen for the C6.
It all makes sense now. It's got a shorter base which fits neatly into the rear seat base.
The ISOFIX arms also sit much lower and push on the padded area between the ISOFIX tags and barely pushes up into the seat back like the others I tried.
Tjensen   
Thu Nov 10 2016, 11:36pm
Member No: #954
French cars, and Citroen, has always been children friendly.Very early with anchor points for safety belts in back seat and child safety locks in doors. Nice that you found the right seat. I had the same experience with the DS, difficult until I found the right (French) child-seat, but after that I understood that that they made a lot of effort relating to child seafty in the early 1970s.
jamesh   
Sun Nov 20 2016, 08:35am
Member No: #196
We used the Britax Duo, and whilst it does fit it was a lot more difficult to install in the C6 than the Fiats and Alfas and Subarus we have used. I think it is because the ISOFIX rings are set much further back than they are in the other cars. That's the price you pay for comfort I suppose.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club