C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Trying to get EPC to work.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
onthecut   
Thu Nov 03 2016, 11:08am
Member No: #2793
I have seen a few posts regarding Lexia but none regarding the EPC programmes that are listed on a certain auction site. I have bought one, allegedly a 2014 version, with Sedre etc.

Just like previous efforts to get Lexia to work, I am having a typically frustrating time. Loading onto a more or less empty laptop with W7, I have got as far as getting the Docbackup to appear as an icon in the tray and declare itself ready, but then clicking on the icon to get it to perform results in ---- nothing. It's not the same machine I have my Lexia on, so no conflict there.

Anyone had this symptom and more to the point, got a fix ?

Mike.
gmerry   
Thu Nov 03 2016, 12:14pm
Member No: #21
Hi, I'm guessing you are trying to install Diagbox (no idea what EPC stands for).

If you ask for help with Diagbox here and on a certain Peugeot forum, you might get some help.

regards

PS, Lexia will do everything on the C6 so no need to update beyond that
onthecut   
Thu Nov 03 2016, 05:12pm
Thanks for the response.

No, not Diagbox -- already got a working Lexia set up. The EPC is the electronic parts catalogue, or do they call it the 'service box' ? Has Sedre; parts catalogues and workshop instructions (I think).

Got both bits into the machine. A tiny bit of functionality with the Sedre, but although it says it's ready, the 'Docbackup' function just doesn't come to life and naturally, this is the part I really want.

Mike.
e3steve   
Fri Nov 04 2016, 07:40am
Member No: #1163
Win7 isn't really compatible with any of the Diagbox apps, Mike, as it was designed to run on XP.

I, too, have a set of EPC disks, along with the full workshop manual. Do they run? Do they b***ery!
onthecut   
Fri Nov 04 2016, 08:02am
Hi Steve.

There is a W7 patch with these discs, although it appears to be just a couple of .dll files. Made no odds. I know that going back into the mists of time (Win 95 on), the order in which stuff was loaded used to make a big difference to some programs. What is frustrating with these is that I think it actually is loading it all up to run and falling at the last fence, so to speak.

I have been trying on a virtually empty laptop. I did try on my day to day desktop, which sensibly is still XP, but it was reluctant to even fully do the initial install. Mind, that machine is awash with different stuff, so I wasn't surprised too much.

Don't know if W7 has a suitable events log; if not, I'll see about loading one and hopefully find out the point at which it grinds to a halt.

Mike.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club