C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Headlamp washer pump query.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
onthecut   
Wed Oct 19 2016, 08:10am
Member No: #2793
Thankfully heading toward reassembling front of car but noticed washer bottle bone dry. Initially wondered if it had a crack. Filled it ---- no crack, but the water simply runs straight through and out of the open end of the headlamp washer hose.

Is this normal, or do I need to pull the pump and look at it ? I appreciate that depending on its type, the pump may let fluid flow through, in which case the system must rely on seals at the jet end. Seem to recall ages ago having one where the reservoir contents just seeped away at the jet end.

Mike.
321dave   
Wed Oct 19 2016, 10:52am
Member No: #614
Hi Mike,
would you have a photo? No it shouldn't have a leak, so something is out of place. Is the leak on the tank unit or further along near the front bumper spray opening?
onthecut   
Tue Oct 25 2016, 08:22am
Member No: #2793
Reassembly has answered the question. It is the jet assemblies that keep the water in, so if you unplug the feed hose at the bumper connection near the tank, the washer fluid will just run through.

Good headlamp washer jets -- shame he lights themselves aren't correspondingly good !
gmerry   
Tue Oct 25 2016, 09:20am
Member No: #21
Hi Mike, my lights are outstandingly good on low beam and very good on high beam (much better than father in laws BMW with HIDs). I find they have very good throwing power (say driving across the Friarton bridge - Click Here - at the end of the M90) or along dark country lanes where spread is more important

There could be degradation in the focussing lens, a bulb not inserted correctly (easy to do), a ballast on its way out, a cheap non OEM bulb fitted. etc.

On the washer jets, they are so good they completely mask the headlights when using them at night which can be a scary on a dark country road. The design should have had the two washers non-synchronised so at least one headlight would keep working whilst the other was being washed.

regards
G

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club