C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Headlamp Ballast Unit Reprogramming

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
MikeH   
Fri Oct 14 2016, 10:27am
Member No: #1555
Hi. Some time ago, my nearside headlamp failed. I replaced the bulb to no avail and then removed both headlamp units. By a process of elimination, I found that the near-side ballast unit had failed. Upon splitting the unit, moisture ingress had caused localised corrosion and no amount of cleaning would bring it back to life. I bought a replacement unit from a company in Germany (Lichtex) and because the near-side unit is the master, the offside the slave, they recommended fitting the new unit to the offside and moving the working offside unit to the nearside. I've done this and although the dip and main-beam work fine, the directional function is now disabled. According to Lichtex, the master unit will need Lexia reprogramming and although I have booked the car in to my local Citroen dealer to have this done, they are unsure that it will work, having never done it before. My questions to the forum are a) has anyone any experience in this area and b) for future reference, does anyone in the Norwich area own a Lexia and perhaps would be happy to help for future 'reprogramming or fault finding issues'. Many thanks.
MikeH   
Mon Oct 31 2016, 10:25am
Member No: #1555
Hi. As an update to this post, the Citroen main dealer pronounced the refurbished unit as either faulty or the wrong type and so I replaced it with a brand new one. All fault codes disappeared on fitment (which is good) but the beam is elevated and cannot be adjusted down with the manual adjuster. This just clicks as if on a clutch. It looks as though the first replacement ballast unit elevated the lens to its full upward extent and grasping at straws, my thoughts are that it will need some electronic intervention to get the motor to centre the light back to its normal operating position, thus releasing the manual adjuster to do its job. I have stripped the light but a) the manual adjuster cannot be accessed and b) the elevation motor will not turn manually. Can anyone give any advice?

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club