Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: The Lounge

How long did you wait for the right C6?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
2ilent8cho   
Wed Sep 21 2016, 01:30pm
Member No: #2626
So did most just pick a C6 that was on the market at the time or did you wait for one that ticked all the boxes you wanted, and was it a long wait? (Although I'm guessing some may have been lucky enough to have from brand new and pick what they wanted)

Sods law has just happened to me and the C6 i have always wanted (bar it being a 3.0HDI) has just come up for sale , Metallic Black, Black interior, Exclusive, Lounge Pack, and okish milage., and i'm 6 months away from being in a position to get a C6. Typical, i just know it won't be around when i have the cash put me right in a mood!
321dave   
Wed Sep 21 2016, 08:13pm
Member No: #614
Hi 2ilent8cho,
I had my C5 X7 for about 6mth before I sold that, and I used the C5 to help with the refurbishment initially of my newly acquired but pretty tired 07 C6 into a almost good & refreshed C6 now. It's still very much a work in progress!
Dan595   
Fri Sep 23 2016, 01:35pm
Member No: #299
I was never in the market for one until I did a test drive at the Stratford Rally - a dealer had bought a couple along.
I then set a challenge to my friend at Citroen UK (sadly no longer with us):
2.2, manual gearbox, exclusive trim, dark colour, not lounge pack, not cream interior, less than 10,000 miles, less than 2 years old, less than £17,000. I thought I was safe but he rang me back in about three weeks.

There can't be many Citroen drivers who moved straight from GSA to C6.
CitroenMan   
Mon Oct 03 2016, 07:32am
Member No: #1622
Six months!
Norman   
Tue Oct 04 2016, 07:36am
Member No: #364
Several weeks
e3steve   
Wed Oct 05 2016, 08:56pm
Member No: #1163
Wanted one since William Gaminara's character, Prof. Leo Dalton (in Silent Witness) was driving one! Probably like many of us.

I joined this forum site in Jan '13 and found my first-and-current C6 in April of that year...
Hattershaun   
Wed Oct 05 2016, 10:43pm
Member No: #320
Bought my first one in Oct 2011 from a fellow C6 Owners member (2.7HDi Exclusive in red) having been involved with them and driven various C6 occasionally since the time of the launch. First one seen in Oct 2005 at a Citroen UK presentation.
Then, through 'people connections' heard of a 3.0HDi for sale in April 2014, bought it instantly, still have it and love it to bits. Most money I've ever spent on a car in my life and didn't hesitate at all to contemplate........

Bishop   
Thu Oct 06 2016, 07:52am
Member No: #868
About 6 minutes. Was on the verge of buying a DS Super and had a sudden change of heart thinking that the C6 would be a more sane purchase (how we laughed!). Looked up available cars on Used Citroen site sat in a cafe in Berko, spotted one about 40 miles away in Wokingham in a colour combo I liked ... and boom! One of he maddest things I've ever done. Still love it, in spite of the damage to my credit rating as a result.
321dave   
Thu Oct 06 2016, 08:25am
Member No: #614
Bishop wrote ...

About 6 minutes. Was on the verge of buying a DS Super and had a sudden change of heart thinking that the C6 would be a more sane purchase (how we laughed!). Looked up available cars on Used Citroen site sat in a cafe in Berko, spotted one about 40 miles away in Wokingham in a colour combo I liked ... and boom! One of he maddest things I've ever done. Still love it, in spite of the damage to my credit rating as a result.

Lol, very good! If I had room, I'd have one as well.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club