C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

TPMS Deactivation

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
FreakyFrenchFan   
Thu Sep 22 2016, 07:23am
Member No: #2057
I have come to the end of my tether with the Tyre pressure monitoring system and want to deactivate it. Is it a Lexia job?
Dan595   
Thu Sep 22 2016, 09:34am
Member No: #299
From my recollection, yes (Diagbox). Although the second time I fitted the winter wheels I just left it as it just beeps 'tyre pressures not monitored' once a journey, which I could live with.

I may be nearing the permanent deactivation decision as my car is now at ten years, all the sensors work (always have done) but batteries must be nearly depleted by now.
FreakyFrenchFan   
Thu Sep 22 2016, 09:52am
My rear sensor's, or whatever it is that talks to the sensors, has never worked despite chucking money at it. And now the F/N/S sensor keeps telling me a puncture has been detected yet there is nothing wrong with the Tyre pressure. For me it's switch off time for this temperamental and unnecessary luxury.
gmerry   
Thu Sep 22 2016, 10:24am
Member No: #21
Just to put the other side of the story, my tyre pressure monitors (all 8 of them for summer and winter wheels) work perfectly and maintenance is easy via Lexia and the ATEQ VT15 tool.

Its just a matter of having the proper tools and following the instructions.

And yes, the TPMS has been very very useful, might well have saved my life and certainly a LOT of inconvenience so I'm an absolute convert. I find it a bit strange that people want to run the big C6 on a ford focus budget.

Anyway
regards
G (first user of this particular avatar since 2009)
FreakyFrenchFan   
Thu Sep 22 2016, 12:33pm
I have more than one car to run and all of them get the essential or safety critical maintenance done as required. This includes recent expenditure on my C6 for 4 new Michelin Primacy tyres at £600 and a digital dash repair at £230. In the next couple of weeks I will also be getting the cambelt done on it. But when it comes to non essential items like the tyre pressure sensors that I have already spent time and money on to no avail, I feel it's time to cut my losses. For me it's not about trying to run a C6 on a Ford Focus budget and more about having more sense than money.
c6kev   
Thu Sep 22 2016, 05:38pm
Member No: #1508
I deleted my failed TPMS soon after buying my C6. As always, it took a while to find my way through the Diagbox menus, but was easy enough to do. The display now show green "OK" for all 4 wheels and gives no error messages. From memory, it was a BSI function along the lines of "TPMS - Not Fitted".

I replaced the sensors with a Tyrepal system which provides greater functionality for around £100. I bought a set of short valve stems for a couple of quid from a karting supplier on ebay which keep the after market valve cap sensors out of the way of passing kerbs.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club