C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Little knowledge for a peugeot cousin

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
ianstew33   
Thu Sep 08 2016, 08:46pm
Member No: #2774
Firstly I must say this site is fantastic. The technical know how for the 2.7 hdi has already helped me loads. Though the egr blanking guide should say you need the hands of a small child to do the rear!

Anyway, I have 407 coupe 2.7hdi with electronic suspension but I want to lower it. However, this is not simple with the electronic shocks. Would any of you clever guys with lexia experience know if the electronic shocks can be eliminated through lexia? This would allow me to fit standard shocks with lowering springs.

Thanks in advance

Ian
David Hallworth   
Thu Sep 08 2016, 10:49pm

Member No: #90
Can you not lower the 407 Coupe using the standard shocks?

I'm sure on Peugeot Planet there is an option to disable the AMVAR on the ECU though.

Having had 2 407 Coupés and currently having a 3.0 HDi Coupé, I'm not sure I'd want it much lower with the long overhang at the front!

David.
ianstew33   
Fri Sep 09 2016, 06:58pm
Thanks for the reply. Can't lower standard amvar shocks without sending the rears away for some magical works apparently.

I know what you mean about that long nose over hang but with front sensors I should be ok. My coupe is my compromise as a long time tinkerer I needed a car to be enthused about and one I want to modify but needed diesel for my commute.

I've remapped it, fitted foam filters and fitted a boost controller, alongside boost gauge to monitor.

RCZ steering wheel and some black alloys after the lowering.

Again thanks for the reply I suspected the amvar could be disabled. Which is perfect for my plans, bilsteins and lowering springs.
David Hallworth   
Fri Sep 09 2016, 10:33pm

I'd be interested to see pictures of your RCZ steering wheel!

It's a fairly simple task to switch it off, it's as simple as flicking an option from "Fitted" to "Not Fitted".

Trainman is a member on here from Preston, he's on holiday at the moment but I know he has his own Lexia/Peugeot Planet and might be able to help you out.

Alternatively, I'll be headed down to Newton-Le-Willows at some point and could turn it off for you on the way past.

I'm thinking of having my 3.0 HDi 407 Coup remapped and having the EGR valves deleted to prevent the issues we're currently having with the EGR valves on our 3.0 HDi C5 causing problems on the 407.

Everything on the 2010 model Coupés was optional. This one doesn't have the leather dashboard, directional xenon lights or front parking sensors. I've bought the directional lights and parking sensors to retrofit, but I don't fancy swapping the whole dashboard!

David.
e3steve   
Sat Sep 10 2016, 11:01am
Member No: #1163
Does AMVAR not use a height corrector potentiometer? Any ride-height modification could be applied by adjusting the length of the connecting rod...
David Hallworth   
Sat Sep 10 2016, 06:59pm

There are height sensors on the car that I believe are used to regulate the stiffness, not the height. The suspension is just basic coil springs and the variable damping is done by the shock absorbers

The other thing it uses the height sensors for is levelling the xenon headlights.

David.
ianstew33   
Mon Sep 12 2016, 05:40pm
Thanks for the brilliant replies guys. Very helpful and informative.

My 2.7 with egr delete and remap drives brilliantly. I was supposed to be doing the dpf too but I couldn't raise the car enough to get it off and gut it. Now it will need full remap again to do the dpf delete. So will wait awhile.
321dave   
Mon Sep 12 2016, 06:06pm
Member No: #614
when you say it drives brilliantly, is it smoother to drive or just feels lighter or faster under acceleration?
ianstew33   
Mon Sep 12 2016, 08:19pm
Smoother, faster and stronger midrange. No more hesitation from standstill just instant power.

When I just blanked off the egrs it felt smoother and more responsive. The remap is supposed to add 40bhp and more torque and I believe it. Much better.
David Hallworth   
Mon Sep 12 2016, 09:50pm

A remap on the 2.7 is excellent. NFC Autocare in Thornton Cleveleys do them for around the £150-£160 mark if memory serves me right.

There's a couple of members from here that have had their 2.7's remapped with the EGR valves deleted and the difference is phenomenal. The drivability is greatly improved. They're more akin to a standard 3.0 for power, smoothness and the lag when moving off has gone.

A remapped 3.0 is another story all together though
ianstew33   
Tue Sep 13 2016, 08:01pm
Yeah the 3.0 is a [%*^#@!] quick car.
321dave   
Wed Sep 14 2016, 11:02am
[quote]
A remap on the 2.7 is excellent. NFC Autocare in Thornton Cleveleys do them for around the £150-£160 mark if memory serves me right.

There's a couple of members from here that have had their 2.7's remapped with the EGR valves deleted and the difference is phenomenal. The drivability is greatly improved. They're more akin to a standard 3.0 for power, smoothness and the lag when moving off has gone.

A remapped 3.0 is another story all together though
[/quote1473850806

Dave, do you know of anybody undertaking these types of chances to the 2.7 in Ireland?
Im not aware of these types of services here. But if you delete or say remove the egr from the system, do you also remove the DPF filter from the exhasut system as part of the procedure?
David Hallworth   
Wed Sep 14 2016, 11:17pm

Dave,

I've not got a clue of anybody doing it over in Ireland I'm afraid. The DPF etc. stays intact. Another thing that you can do with a remap is to delete the DPF, doing this means that you need to open up the DPF, remove the innards and weld it all back up.

It's quite tricky over here as if the MOT man sees that it's been opened he can fail the MOT, it needs to have the weld done at the top of the DPF where it cannot be seen.

David.
321dave   
Thu Sep 15 2016, 12:22am
Thanks Dave, must investigate the area a bit further. At times you can feel the 2.7 coming into its own, less inhibited by the environmental systems constraining it and running very nicely. Like after it does the system regeneration. It's that bit sweater afterwards. Have you seen the cheaper DPF filters for sale on Amazon recently? I bought one to have a look, they are sold by or through Amazon! Should be a few hundred euros but for sale as low as £40 at the moment.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club