Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
ul9601   
Thu Jan 05 2017, 04:26am
Member No: #1975
arconell3 wrote ...

gmerry wrote ...

Hi Robert, do you have a link to any material describing or discussing the rear camber adjustable link.

As an alternative to an adjustable link, would it not be easier/cheaper just to replace the rear standard factory link?

thanks
G

Below a picture of the link rods, original and modified adjustable. Of course you can replace the rods with original ones, but the actual camber depends not only on the link rod but also on the state of the bushes of the lower support arm as well as on the upper support arm. If you want to get in touch: centre-c6.nl/contact/ Tel: +31 297 369369. They speak English.

@Tj: are they sure the rear bearings are faulty? If the indication is a noisy rear end, it can be caused by rear tire cupping, producing a noise somewhat similar to that of a worn wheel bearing.
To check for a faulty bearing, take off the wheel, remove the brake pads and turn the brake disc while listening with a stethoscope on the housing. Of course if play is already noticeable, then there is no need for that procedure.

Regards, Robert

Has anyone tried this?
My C6 has excessive camber at rear (to me, at least) and as I just shelled out a few pretty pennies for new tyres, I'd like to make sure they last as many miles as possible.

gmerry   
Thu Jan 05 2017, 08:40am
Member No: #21
Ul9601, What ride height and rear toe-in is your car set at?

regards
ul9601   
Thu Jan 05 2017, 08:47pm
I'll look up the wheel alignment sheet when I get home.
Cheers
Sam
ul9601   
Fri Jan 06 2017, 08:00am
haven't checked the ride height but the garage told me they "checked and adjusted" the height - do you physically measure it (e.g. from the wheel arch to centre of wheel) or off Lexia etc?
Rear toes are:
RL: 4.0mm
RR: 3.6mm
Total: 7.7mm
gmerry   
Fri Jan 06 2017, 01:58pm
Member No: #21
Not an expert here but...

I think the toe-in is only meaningful against the reference ride height.

The specification at reference height for the rear is 34 minutes total that's less than 1 degree TOE-IN if I'm observing the Citroen sign convention.

Divide 34 by two for each wheel that's 17 minutes or 0.28 degrees, the tan of which is 4.95 x 10^-3. Multiply that by 18" or 457mm to get 2.26mm per 18" wheel as symmetrical as possible.

So these cars run with
I have a lot of inside scrubbing on my rear tyres but probably because they were rotated from the front quite recently and the front needs realignment almost no toe-in at the rear (Front is very different because FWD).
after 8 years, a bit of suspension work and no alignment ever.

So I think I should replace the rear track adjusters with like for like (ish, already sitting in the boot), get a 4 wheel alignment and then see how the tyres fare after that).

regards
G
speedfix   
Sat Jan 07 2017, 04:46pm
Member No: #1043
Not an expert either however having carried out the height on my 3.0 hdi you must use lexia after first tacking messurments on front crossmember of both sides then the same on the rear, the use of lexia is the used to do the required calculations for the correct settings these are then adjusted as nessesary with lexia.
There is brill posting for doing this on this forum.

Next.
For the tracking with 18" wheels as gmerry states best way is a 4 wheel alignment system, however if the wheels have not changed position and nothing is bent then if wear is on both wheel ajust each the same or wear on one ajust that wheel.

The front from my notes in mm -2.46+-1mm the rear total 5.43+-1mm.
To check for camber bent axle -1 degree 54 +-30.
Pivot angle 0+-12
Any suspension work IMO should be checked with lexia after the repairs.
When all is ok the car is by far the best for value on the market.

Some c6 repairs can be costly but once repaired go on for many miles, IMO multilink suspension om BMW AUDI VW IMO more troublesome, joint replacement bent stub axles ETC.

Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club