New proud C6 owner

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
PIT   
Tue Aug 30 2016, 10:52am
Member No: #2671
Hello from Bulgaria
I just bought my firs C6 last week. It is 2.7 HDI, Obsidian Black from December 2006, first sold in October 2007 here in Bulgaria. It has 184 000 kms and is fully serviced about 10 000 ago
I was surprised that it has a RT4 system. That was one of my requirements for the car so I was searching for 2007+ car.
It has a Lounge pack and an electric steering column, so I guess only the sunroof is missing
The first owner was a woman, so both covers of the mirrors in the sun visors are broken
I need to fix also the cable for the Cruise Control. I tried to remove the cover under the steering wheel but I failed. I saw only two screws which were obviously not enough...
I also ordered an optic element for the RT4 because it doesn't read CDs. But thankfully the USB works and I updated the firmware last evening to the latest. It was I guess the initial firmware 7.01. Never updated Today I will update also the maps.

Website
ul9601   
Tue Aug 30 2016, 07:37pm
Member No: #1975
Is there anyone who hasn't had CC issue???
Welcome to the forum
vaho   
Wed Aug 31 2016, 07:34am
Member No: #2228
About the cruise control. The bottom cover has indeed only two screws, once removed it takes some movement of the cover and it comes off. I have the manual steering wheel adjustment though, it can be different case with electric adjustment. In my case it took some deattaching and attaching the outer two connectors and viggeling the wires and CC is working again with no problems.
Trainman   
Wed Aug 31 2016, 10:02am

Member No: #86
to the madhouse that is C60wners
FreakyFrenchFan   
Fri Sep 02 2016, 05:29am
Member No: #2057
Welcome to the wonderful world of C6 motoring and all that it entails. I quick word of advice. Do not panic when your car frequently displays warnings of one kind and another. Give it a few days before you rush to a garage for an expensive diagnostic. My car had been telling me that the ABS, handbrake and DSP were all faulty for the last few days. Then as quickly as the warnings appeared, they disappeared!!
David Hallworth   
Fri Sep 02 2016, 08:17am

Member No: #90
Welcome to C6 owners!

Simon, that's the signs of a rear ABS sensor beginning to fail. They usually start alarming intermittently and get gradually more frequent before being on all the time. You may as well change both rears at the same time as the diesel tank needs to be dropped to access the plugs on top of it.

David.
PIT   
Fri Sep 02 2016, 08:52am
Thank you guys
I'm... let's say... quite experienced Citroen "user" (and obviously a modest person) so I'm not afraid of warnings and stuff like that. I also have a LEXIA/DiagBox so I can check what's going on. And last but not least my mechanic is not so expensive and is my friend

Last night I managed to take out the glove box (first try was unsuccessful) and installed a USB cable I also did the maps update of our area. It became too dark to try to remove the steering column cover so the CC fix is still waiting to be done.
Yesterday I also changed the tailgate shocks and now I don't have to lift it as a weight lifter
This morning from Citroen - a new cap for washer fluid tank and some clips for the right windscreen moulding.
Website
David Hallworth   
Fri Sep 02 2016, 02:42pm

Member No: #90
One thing worth trying with the cruise control is to move the steering column all the way in, all the way out, all the way up then all the way down. Do this full cycle several times and you might find that the cruise control will start working.

That worked on the 2.2 that I had for months. It might save you the hassle of taking the shroud off around the steering column!

Nice to see another Activa owner too I've got an Activa V6.

David.
PIT   
Fri Sep 02 2016, 03:01pm
Yes it starts working, but because the steering wheel is electric adjustable, and the welcome function is ON it is moving too often and it stops working again. So I better open it and fix it once and forever

I'm still not sure what to do with my Activa. I like it very much so it is difficult to sell it to someone else... I have to drive it soon because I haven't done it almost two weeks since I bought the C6 and I miss her...
Website
e3steve   
Sat Sep 03 2016, 08:36am
Member No: #1163
David Hallworth wrote ...

One thing worth trying with the cruise control is to move the steering column all the way in, all the way out, all the way up then all the way down. Do this full cycle several times and you might find that the cruise control will start working.

That worked on the 2.2 that I had for months. It might save you the hassle of taking the shroud off around the steering column!

Nice to see another Activa owner too I've got an Activa V6.

David.

Mine now 're-activates' from merely giving the steering wheel rim a single firm smack with the palm of my hand!
Norman   
Sat Sep 03 2016, 08:36am
Member No: #364
i did the same as David and the cruise has been ok ever since.
PIT   
Sat Sep 03 2016, 08:48am
I did it yesterday evening. To be honest I didn't see the cable to be too tightly streched... It has a lot of curves... I did some wiggling on the connectors and now it works fine.
The problem was to dissasembe the lower steering cover. I had to remove the knee airbag. Now it is all back to its place except the upper steering cover which I don't know how I reised but now it can't go down to its place on the right side. I left this challange for today.
Website
PIT   
Tue Feb 28 2017, 09:45am
Thanks to m3mpower I upgraded from RT4 to RT5 with High Resolution display

First test of the new display to check the picture, because I saw that the display area is bigger than the old one. You can see that the top part is blank. So this part will be hidden behind the front frame.

Of course couldn't wait to test the BT function

I have read on different forums that many people have problems with sync on Android phones on different PSA models, but mine works flawlessly

I had to do some small modifications of the front frame, because the display (I guess from Peugeot) is not the same as the old one. I did cut some plastic on one side and on the top. I was expecting that there will be a need of some fixation of the display to the frame (the old one has clips) but after putting all together with the tilt mechanism, the display stopped moving and was perfectly aligned And here is the final look.

Now just need to update to the latest 2016/2017 maps
Website
321dave   
Tue Feb 28 2017, 04:48pm
Member No: #614
Hi Pit,
that looks fantastic, in fact im thinking of doing the same thing. Was it very hard to remove the necessary trim, anything break? where did you get the RT5 system? Is it from a newer Peugeot or Citroen? Thanks and well done.
PIT   
Wed Mar 01 2017, 08:56am
Hi
I got it from m3mpower.
He did the display modification - cutting the mounting "ears" for the Peugeot 407.

Here is a quick drawing to illustrate the difference and what I have done.

I can't remember on which side (left/right) I did cut, because I rotated in a hundred times in my hands
Website
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club