Suspension faulty, possible reasons?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
kimmoa   
Mon Jun 12 2023, 11:49am
Member No: #4786
Small problems with C6.

During the weekend we did a 1000km drive with my fiancee and car started complaining about faulty suspension every now and then. The fault appears on the info screen and lights up the SERVICE light on the dash. After one or two minutes all this disappears but comes back on after 5 or 50 minutes, you never know.
When the fault is on there is no noticeable difference in the car suspension and handling.
I know this question sounds stupid now but there is more to come... The car had a faulty suspension cylinder when we bought it and a new one was installed last summer. It helped a lot, the uncontrolled up-down movement of the rear is almost 100% away. BUT, even since this the car feels sometimes very strange, like the drivers side would make wider movement than the passenger side. I checked out the wheel sensor readings on the Lexia a while ago and noticed that in normal position the passenger side rear wheel sensor gives out lower voltage than the rest of the sensors, the difference being something like 0.5-1V, if I remember correctly. I then checked out the same thing on another car that handles OK to me and noticed just the same difference in voltages, even on the same wheel.

Anyway, could this difference on the wheel sensor cause the AMVAR working differently on one wheel and this causing the car feel a bit "strange"? Should the voltages be the same on all the sensors or at least on the sensors on the same axle, when the car is standing still on a level surface? Could this be a reason to the suspension fault -message? The car worked fine up to this spring.
cruiserphil   
Tue Jun 13 2023, 11:35am

Member No: #38
Hello Kimmoa,

When that happened to me it was a faulty static pressure sensor. This was identified on Lexia. If you get suspension fault with incorrect heights the car tends to default to firm suspension and you notice the difference.
Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Phil C.
kimmoa   
Tue Jun 13 2023, 04:33pm
Member No: #4786
Thanks.

But should the wheel sensor voltages be the same when the car is standing on level surface?

EDIT: Forgot to mention in the first message that suddenly the car can not be set into sport-mode by pressing the button. It worked OK few weeks ago but now causes "suspension faulty"-message after about one minute delay from pressing the button.
M2dis   
Tue Jun 13 2023, 08:26pm
Member No: #3475
I've seen this once on my car, when my hydraulic pump started to die. When I got my first beeps about it, the pump was basically working most of the time and even local Citroen dealership couldn't figure it out, cruising on a highway and *beep* "suspension faulty". Some time later I had to give the pump motor a good knock for it to rise the car and one day it died completely.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club