C6 sunroof - wind deflector issue

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
ul9601   
Mon Jul 25 2016, 07:31pm
Member No: #1975
Hi,
I've been finding a few little issues on my newly acquired C6 (as you do with most new-to-you second hand cars) and here is one of them.
When the sunroof is in its fully retracted position, and the car reaches around 80kph (actual air speed might have been higher, it was a very windy day) centre section of the wind deflector popped out (which wasn't too obvious to me other than additional wind noise) and prevented me from fully closing the sunroof. I stopped the car and managed to clipped it back on but it happened again when I tried again to see if the fix was permanent.
Has anyone else come across this and is there an easy fix for it?
I need to take a closer look again but I'm thinking about drilling small holes and feed skinny cable ties to secure them. I don't think glue is the answer as the bits pivot about relative to each other when the sunroof is opened and closed.

cheers
Sam

PS I will put up some photos on "Introduction" threads but the previous owner was/is the member of this forum (NZC6) so if anyone is curious check our his threads.
FraserG   
Mon Jul 25 2016, 09:11pm
Member No: #2011
Hi Sam

Hope you are enjoying your new car? It sounds like you got a very good deal on a well looked after car.

I must say at the moment in Auckland (where we both live) the weather hasn't really been sun roof open driving conditions.

Cheers Fraser
ul9601   
Mon Jul 25 2016, 11:28pm
I haven't been driving it all that much as I have been away for a month but I'm looking forward to spending more time with it.
Moneywise, it definitely looks like a great deal so far.
Speaking of Auckland weather, it was sunny just now so I thought I'd leave the sunroof tilted open when I went into supermarket for 10 minutes - didn't turn out to be such a good idea after all...
Have you caught up with Ken - I'm not quite down with going to Citroen car club events just yet but if you guys with C6's are having an informal get together, I'd be most interested to come along as well.
Hattershaun   
Tue Jul 26 2016, 05:24am
Member No: #320
Looking on the Citroen Service website - Click Here - the deflector is listed as a separate part, either part number 841134 or 841139 (depending on the build date of your car).
So, you may be able to replace the part that is giving you the issue, if it's faulty or broken.
ul9601   
Tue Jul 26 2016, 09:13am
Hey Shaun,
I'm trying not to give Citroen my money if possible
It is only a minor issue, as I don't see myself driving with sunroof retracted (as opposed to tilted, which doesn't cause any issue) at motorway speed.
I'm going to take a closer look this weekend for el cheapo fix.
Cheers,
Sam
FraserG   
Wed Jul 27 2016, 03:41am
Hi Sam

No, apart from our accidental meeting a few months ago, I haven't caught up with Ken again.

I've yet to see three C6's together but certainly would like to.

We need to organise an excuse and a venue. It needs to be somewhere where we can sit back and admire our cars and perhaps a nice cold craft beer?

And then perhaps we won't feel quite so cut off from great guys on this site in the UK.

Cheers Fraser

ul9601   
Wed Jul 27 2016, 05:08am
^ hopefully Auckland weather will calm down soon-ish to make the outing a bit more pleasant... =)
Trainman   
Wed Jul 27 2016, 08:09am

Member No: #86
Why not meet at the craft brewery? See if they do a tour.........
ul9601   
Wed Jul 27 2016, 08:36am
^ The only brewery tour I'm interested is in Dublin and I've already done that .
That said, they are all good fun...
FraserG   
Thu Jul 28 2016, 12:38am
Gentlemen

We are spoiled for choice in Auckland for great craft beers and breweries. We have come along way in the last ten years and so have I - moving from my CX to my C6.

And you can get a decent Guinness on tap at The Patriot in Devonport.

Cheers Fraser

ul9601   
Mon Aug 01 2016, 10:20pm
I looked at the deflector a bit closely to see if there would an easy fix.
It turns out the deflector itself is made of two plastic pieces, and they were just clipped on to one another and there "should" be no relative movement between them, which is a good news.
There was a bit of drama while I was taking a look though, it started drizzling (pretty typical here, I should have known better not to fiddle with it out in the open) so in my ruah to tidy up and close the sunroof, the whole thing got out of whack by being pinched by the sunroof glass.
So I had to take the whole assembly off for repair - which probably had to happen anyway to do a proper job. I'll do the surface prep and glue the pieces soon.
Here are some photos.

FraserG   
Tue Aug 02 2016, 12:22am
Yes Sam, we've had pretty regular rain haven't we. Mind you it is mid winter.

I gave my car a clean on Saturday afternoon and decided to give it a treat and polish it. I got halfway through before the rain returned! Very frustrating as I want a cloudy day to do it as I don't have a garage.

Maybe next weekend I'll be able to do it?

Cheers Fraser
ul9601   
Tue Aug 02 2016, 05:58am
I think you have a better chance if you take a long drive somewhere out east coast or up north and do it there
ul9601   
Sun Aug 28 2016, 02:24am
glued them back to original shape but made a big mess of it - it's not particularly easy glue to work with...

ul9601   
Sun Aug 28 2016, 02:28am
then in it went this morning - a nice sunny and calm day for a change...

Looks how it should look (I think) and more importantly it ducks under when sunroof closes.
Will take it for a spin later to see if it actually works...
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club