C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Car Care and Maintenance Tips

Oil Pump Design Change

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
gmerry   
Thu Jul 14 2016, 08:44am
Member No: #21
Hi all, there are reports in the Landrover forums regarding breakage of the mounting lug for the camshaft tensioner pulley (the mounting lug is part of the oil pump).

The later design of oil pump has reinforced webs to support the boss. This website has a reference and photos of the design change - Click Here -

The Part Number for the replacement oil pump for Landrovers at least is LR013487. So far as one can tell, these are the same for Citroen applications. Also, there is no mention of any oil pump functional changes such as oil volume pumped, pressure relief setting, clearances etc.

Someone might be able to post on the chassis number from which this later pump was fitted to Citroen C6s s standard.

Regards
G

321dave   
Thu Jul 14 2016, 09:26am
Member No: #614
Thanks G,
I was looking around for the exact photos you posted!! Many thanks.
I found two photos in an Australian Land Rover forum of the broken oil pump and tensioner. It's the very last post on the list at the bottom.

- Click Here -
e3steve   
Mon Mar 25 2019, 02:27pm
Member No: #1163
Following on, does any of you have any knowledge or experience of Fai oil pumps? I’m going to be doing my timing belts next month, so the coolant and oil pumps are on the list.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club