C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Engine tapping when hot

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Tjensen   
Mon Apr 05 2021, 02:07pm
Member No: #954
The replacement pump is upgraded. 15 % more capacity. New pump standard from ca 2011. I have asked my garage about a replacement cost of around 200.000 km. The old one had a weakness and could break off (?), in addition to a capacity issue. More often a problem in Land Rover implementations than PSA.
321dave   
Tue Apr 06 2021, 09:51am
Member No: #614
Tjensen wrote ...

Replacement pump is upgraded. 15 % more capacity. New pump standard from ca 2011. I have asked my garage about replacement cost around 200.000 km. The old one had a weakness and could break off (?), in addition to capacity issue. More often problem in Land Rover implementations that PSA.

Hadn’t realised the new oil pump had a higher capacity rating! That’s interesting. I knew about casting issues and the breaking of the pulley mount casting which effects the timing belt badly. Have you noticed any improvement with the ticking Issue?
cruiserphil   
Mon Apr 12 2021, 08:20pm

Member No: #38
I knew about casting issues and the breaking of the pulley mount casting which effects the timing belt badly

Hello 321Dave,

Was thinking about that when fitting the tensioner on the 3.0HDi. The recommended torque for the mounting bolt is quite low. If a person was fitting the tensioner and gave in to the temptation to up the torque for peace of mind I wonder could that promote cracking?

Best regards,

Phil C.
Tjensen   
Tue Apr 13 2021, 10:32am
Member No: #954
The new 0-30 oil is NOT recommended for engines with old oil pump.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club