Cruise Control Problem / Brake Pedal Switch

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
TheSnapper   
Fri Sep 24 2021, 06:06pm
Member No: #3594
C6 2.2Hdi Lignage manual

Trying to solve problem with Cruise Control not working reliably, I changed the Brake Pedal Switch, as described here:

- Click Here -

Seems not to have made any difference.
Is the length of the adjustable "switch protrusion" critical?
What determines the length?

Tim

cruiserphil   
Mon Sep 27 2021, 05:11pm

Member No: #38
Hello Tim,

Did you fit the extension loom that comes with the replacement switch? As regards adjustment, once the brake lights illuminate when you touch the pedal
the adjustment is fine.

Have you searched through the forum on the other reasons for intermittent cruise control - the cable fixing under the steering wheel column for example?

Best regards,

Phil C.
Fraunie   
Tue Sep 28 2021, 04:13pm
Member No: #3763
I have changed the switch one year ago and didn't fit the extension loom (originally it's not there) but ended up with lots of ABS/ESP/Handbrake-faults.

When mounting the extension all faults disappeared miraculously!

I then found out that there is a resistor (26 ohms) built in within the extension and it is obviously necessary...
cruiserphil   
Tue Sep 28 2021, 04:57pm

Member No: #38
Hello Fraunie,

I remember when I picked up the brake switch from my friendly independent Citroen garage he impressed on me the need to fit the extension loom. Like you, no faults since!!

Best regards,

Phil C.
TheSnapper   
Sat Oct 02 2021, 05:12pm
Member No: #3594
cruiserphil wrote ...

Hello Tim,

Did you fit the extension loom that comes with the replacement switch? As regards adjustment, once the brake lights illuminate when you touch the pedal
the adjustment is fine.

Have you searched through the forum on the other reasons for intermittent cruise control - the cable fixing under the steering wheel column for example?

Best regards,

Phil C.

Hi Phil

Yes & Yes.....although I have not fiddled with the steering column wiring again since changing the brake-pedal switch.

I nay try re-fitting the switch with a different setting on the adjuster, to see if it makes any difference.

Thanks all for your replies.

Tim

MGmike   
Sat Oct 02 2021, 06:58pm
Member No: #3151
I wouldn't bother until you've been in and sorted the cables under the column...

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club