C6 Restoration

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
321dave   
Thu Sep 16 2021, 12:18pm
Member No: #614
Just getting back to updating now.
So I found the problem after I pulled the 6th injector out. No 1. Injector positioned beside the oil cap had blow-by and was very dirty half way up when I removed it. So I’m sort of lucky to find it before it went all the way to the top and made a real mess. I also think injector No 2 was a bit wet near the Washer/seating area. So I will install 2 new Injectors after the usual clean up takes place. Will then recut and install the new injectors.

The new injectors come with every thing including the copper seating washer out of a dust sealed bag.

321dave   
Wed Oct 13 2021, 01:29pm
Member No: #614
321dave wrote ...

Just getting back to updating now.
So I found the problem after I pulled the 6th injector out. No 1. Injector positioned beside the oil cap had blow-by and was very dirty half way up when I removed it. So I’m sort of lucky to find it before it when all the way to the top and made a real mess. I also think injector No 2 was a bit wet near the Washer/seating area. So I will install 2 new Injectors after the usual clean up takes place. Will then recut and install the new injectors.

The new injectors come with every thing including the copper seating washer out of a dust sealed bag.

Photo taken with Boroscope.

Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club