C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Introduce yourself

Stop lurking and introduce yourself!

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
nirgunapa   
Mon Jun 27 2016, 04:04pm
Member No: #2672
Yes, it is time to introduce myself especially as I am now a proud C6 owner!
Originally I came across the world of hydro-pneumatic when a friend encouraged me to buy a Citroen CX Pallas when my then car broke down. The car was an absolute dream to drive and unbelievably well designed though it was starting to attract the tin worm. Later I purchased an XM which was a carburettor model - without the internet I did not realise what a rare car this was. Continually breaking down my boss advised that I ought to replace it and so I purchased a Saab! I did have another XM later but I rushed into it an made a bad decision and traded it on after a year, Nothing ever came close to the CX so with the demise of my Volvo V70and circumstances changing whereby I could support a 'dream' car it was straight back to Citroen. After scouring the countryside. a bad AA report on a C% estate and a faultless report on a C6 I purchased the car, a 2009 2.2 manual in red. The drive back from Darlington was beautiful and I am thoroughly enjoying ownership at the moment. I am bursting with questions and need to spend time going through the manual whilst actually sat in the car!

Trainman   
Mon Jun 27 2016, 06:32pm

Member No: #86
Another one in the Welsh Contingent, to the madhouse Colin
gmerry   
Mon Jun 27 2016, 08:25pm
Member No: #21
Looks nice.

Wheels look different to mine, so I'm guessing they are 17" which are good for comfort.

The 2.2 is a bit easier to maintain and doesn't have the cooling system weaknesses of the 2.7: what's not to like?

Enjoy!
nirgunapa   
Mon Jun 27 2016, 08:41pm
Member No: #2672
"Wheels look different to mine, so I'm guessing they are 17" which are good for comfort".

The wheels are the only thing the AA man could find fault as there is a small amount of blistering. They are fitted with nearly new Michelin Primacy's
Norman   
Tue Jun 28 2016, 09:05am
Member No: #364
Welcome to the world of 2.2's they are a bit different than a 2.7 but not much the wheels like mine have blisted i need to have them refurbished, Hoppy motoring

Norman
Paschal   
Sun Jul 03 2016, 10:41am
Member No: #375
Nice car! Your post brings back happy memories. I have mine nearly 7 years now and it still gives me a blast every time I drive it. Its had its moments (2.7 V6) but it always makes me forgive and on balance its a gem. I hope yours will be as rewarding to you. Only thing is you might need to allow extra time for trips as you may find yourself sitting in the car to savor the surroundings rather than getting out straight away when you've reached your destination.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club