Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Revs limited to 3k and Depolution Fault warning.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
clubbedougan   
Thu Jun 16 2016, 07:34pm
Member No: #2558
Heading says it all. 2.7 V6.
Any suggestions ?
gmerry   
Thu Jun 16 2016, 09:05pm
Member No: #21
A dictionary perhaps, to help with the spelling?
nandtatno2   
Thu Jun 16 2016, 09:21pm
Member No: #2624
Sorry to hear about your fault, and Snap! This fault came on with my 2006 a couple of hundred miles ago. Would be interested to hear what others have to say. How may miles has your car done?
I believe this fault warning can be triggered by pretty much any misbehaviour in the air-in-out components and systems of the engine.

Below are my conditions - presented not to hijack your thread but to promote discussion on this fault. My car has done 149000 but has been well looked after, with EOLYS replaced at 112k and the rear EGR replaced earlier this year.

For me:
- Initially the fault showed itself only after 10-15 miles on a trip, operating normally up to that point and then going into 'Limp' mode - 3000rpm limit, weak acceleration. No lights or warning messages.

- Repated investigation with the Superscan 3 showed a rear turbo sensor fault "P0243 - Turbocharger pressure regulation electrovalve 1 control (rear). Mechanical problem" and once or twice "P010F - Air flowmeter signals. Consistency between the 2 air flowmeters".

- Then after 150 miles like this the 'Depollution fault warning' message and dashboard lights came on. These now show consistently on turning on the ignition. However the car is still behaving mormally for the first 10 miles or so before going into 'limp' mode.

- I am awaiting a replacement valve for the turbo before moving on to look at the depollution fault itself.

Cheers
N
nouveaucitroenist   
Mon Jun 20 2016, 07:54pm
Member No: #2222
I'm not sure if it helps here but I had limp mode when an EGR valve stuck. No warnings on the dash but exercising the valves via Lexia resolved the issue until I replaced it.
travlician   
Tue Jun 21 2016, 01:21pm
Member No: #350
When the electro valve of the turbo has an issue, the ECU detects this since the valve will not pull the signal up. From that moment the valve will no longer be driven by the ECU which results in less engine performance until the engine is restarted. Also, in the phase where the valve disorder is not detected, the airflow will be unbalanced, hence the message on airflow consistency which will be reported by a depollution fault which remains until 3-5 engine restarts occur without the problem of the unbalanced air flow.
nandtatno2   
Fri Oct 28 2016, 09:45pm
Member No: #2624
Just thought I would post an update on the Limp Mode issue on my car.
After much code reading and deliberation the engine was taken out and the electro-valve on the rear turbo reconditioned. Whilst out the from turbo value was done as well as belts, vulnerable cooling pipes and so on. Engine out may seem extreme but at 10 years and 155k there was every chance a stud would shear so took the more expensive but safer route.
Having done 5000 miles mostly in Limp Mode it was great to get the car back working like new. Its also amazingly quiet - hadn't realised how much the old belts were squeaking.

Falling in love all over again!

Cheers
Nick

2006 2.7 Exclusive black and black. 155k

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club