Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Introduce yourself

Smiley New owner in Norfolk (actually still on the way home)

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
nandtatno2   
Sun May 15 2016, 08:54pm
Member No: #2624
Echoing Keithc's comments earlier this week I too first saw and lusted after a C6 in 2005 in Paris. I was attending the DS 50th celbrations (great party!) And they had 2xC6 leading the parade. I still had the DS so it wasn't going to happen quickly.

It took me 10 years to finally get round to it. I have theorised about ownership, drooled over the ads on Autotrader and eBay, and changed my mind about which model / spec continuously. The premature demise of my current work horse (disco) led to a serious car hunt based on 5 clear criteria. Weeks of model searches, test drives, and attempts to make the C6 fit the criteria followed.

Just then a mate emailed a link to Jodyone's ad on this site. I ignored it because the C6 only met one of my (far too practical) criteria. But I knew the ad was there. Then it was on eBay. Then I had sent a general enquiry.
Today Jodyone handed over the keys and I did my first 200 miles in the driving away. Love it. Breaking the journey back to Norfolk tonight I am relishing the anticipation of the last 250 miles home tomorrow.

This site has been a great help getting me to C6 ownership - thank you.
mebedforduk   
Mon May 16 2016, 07:09am
Member No: #1780
Well done

Im still someway behind you in the drooling stakes but in the same situation. Until the workhorse dies.....

Where in Norfolk are you? Im just south of Diss

Cheers
nandtatno2   
Mon May 16 2016, 07:59pm
Hi mebedforduk
Today's drive home from Wales was delightful - can't help but be relaxed and enjoy the glorious ride.I am just north of Bungay. Looking forward to a drive down to Ipswich tomorrow through Fressingfield on those glorious Suffolk b-roads.
Cheers
N

Jodyone   
Mon May 16 2016, 08:57pm
Member No: #1240
I'm delighted you're loving the C6! We miss Big Ron already...
Trainman   
Tue May 17 2016, 10:50am

Member No: #86
Nick,

to the fold, shout if you need anything.

keithc   
Tue May 17 2016, 03:39pm
Member No: #2584
Welcome to C6 ownership!
gmerry   
Tue May 17 2016, 04:53pm
Member No: #21
This forum is like a bus: folk get on and off but its still the number 7 (or your favourite number).

Anyway, enjoy the C6 ownership.

G
jacktherev   
Sat May 21 2016, 03:53pm
Member No: #1423
Welcome to, C6 ownership and they are a fantastic car no matter what anyone tells you. I had a Disco for 14 years and finally took the plunge over 2 years ago and I have never regretted it. I've just got 49,000 miles up on mine.
earthflattener   
Sat May 21 2016, 05:05pm
Member No: #1514
Welcome indeed Nick. I've had mine 2 years today! Like Jack, I don't regret it for a minute. I also bought it from a member of c6owners so I knew it had been cared for. It's more expensive than a run around for parts and labour, but so far nothing that could not be expected for a large mid-life car.

Enjoy it.
nandtatno2   
Mon May 23 2016, 08:10pm
Thanks for all the welcomes and encouragement to enjoy my car.

I can confirm, 8 days into ownership (driven every day!) that I am really enjoying it. I love driving it. I love discovering more and more of those little design-references to the DS and CX. Walking to the car from behind this morning the car was covered in water droplets from the recent heavy rain, really emphasing all those curves around the rear window.

The 8 days have not been entirely uneventful with recent forays into 'Limp Mode' - but even these are not dulling my enjoyment. Currently researching and investigating the many threads here and on other sites......

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club