C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Introduce yourself

New C6 owner

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
keithc   
Mon Apr 25 2016, 10:26pm
Member No: #2584
Hi, my name is Keith and I have just purchased a C6! I was in Paris in December 2005 and saw one parked on Champs-Élysées and promised myself one one day. I have been considering getting one since last September and finally went to see one a few weeks ago and picked it up last Saturday.

It's a 2008 Exclusive 2.7 HDI with 120k miles, black metallic with cream leather interior, lounge pack and sunroof. Looks very well imo!

I live in Kildare in Ireland but my Wife is from Lincolnshire (her Dad and Stepmum live very near Skegness) so I'm really looking forward to taking the car over in August, plus we are going to Scotland for a week after we've been to them so I can't think of a better car to travel in!

Anyways looking forward to becoming part of the community here and getting any help I my need plus helping in any way I can!
Norman   
Tue Apr 26 2016, 07:04am
Member No: #364
Welcome to the club Keith, i drove around France and Spain last year you will love the effortlas sensation the car gives you as you waft along.

Norman
kfairgray   
Tue Apr 26 2016, 08:57am
Member No: #2555
Hello Keith

There is another member of this site who lives in Kildare - his name is Phil - you might see him driving around sometime?

You will not see me because a] I live in New Zealand b] my car will be off the road for a long time until parts arrive - France is a long way from here it seems...

Cheers & Welcome

Ken
keithc   
Tue Apr 26 2016, 09:51am
HaHa Ken, it'll be hard to see you so alright! I've been in touch with Phil via PM and hope to meet up with him soon! I'm not sure if I've seen his car around but I have seen one in Naas here a few times and he doesn't live too far from there!

Here is a pic I took of the car this morning.

Trainman   
Tue Apr 26 2016, 11:16am

Member No: #86
to the madhouse
321dave   
Tue Apr 26 2016, 01:12pm
Member No: #614
Welcome to the forum Keith,
Im just over towards Dublin myself. Phil was a great help as well when i moved from my C5 across to the C6 a few years back.

you'll definitely love the C6.

Top tip, just have it looked over carefully before you head away in the coolant department. They can suffer from a weakness in the coolant circuit. But saying that I just noticed its a petrol C6, so that might be ok compared to the 2.7hdi diesels.

keithc   
Tue Apr 26 2016, 02:38pm
Hi Dave, nice to know there is another Irish person on here! My car is the 2.7 HDI diesel. What do I need to look at in the coolant department? The hoses were replaced around Aug/Sept last year btw.
321dave   
Tue Apr 26 2016, 03:10pm
Hi Keith,
thats a great start if the engine has a history of repairs. The forum has a lot of posts regarding coolant inlet and outlet tank issues on the 2.7hdi. What sort of mileage does your C6 have currently and do you know if these tanks were replaced recently. Cruiserphil will no doubt explain his issue(s) with the NCT a while back. Myself, i had the inlet tank fail just a few week back after a slow leak was detected, so i knew something was up with it.

If the C6 is well maintained, they are a really lovely car, but your in the right place on this forum if you need any help going forward. The Car looks lovely and well maintained on the outside from what i can see in the photo. How was the interior? The beige interior can suffer a bit if its not maintained particularly well. But well done, lovely car!

Do you mind me asking where did you buy the Car?
keithc   
Tue Apr 26 2016, 03:44pm
It seems to have been minded. I bought it in a private sale from a fella in Blanchardstown. He has receipts for a new battery, timing belt, aux belt, 6 new injectors and he got the turbos reconditioned when the timing belt was being done. The gearbox has been serviced and he put a new hydraulic unit on the gearbox but the old one wasn't actually gone. (He said an oil changed cured the poor shifting and gave me the old unit too).

Interior is like new. Just a tiny rip (around an inch) in the drivers seat bottom stitching. Look like new discs on the front too. I've not gone through all the paper work yet to see if anything else has been done but the invoices for the above come to nearly €3,000. All in the last year. He didn't want to sell the car but they had a third child and the wife wanted a dog so couldn't keep it.
keithc   
Tue Apr 26 2016, 03:47pm
Oh and the air con has been re-gassed recently too. And he refurbished the alloys so they look new.
321dave   
Tue Apr 26 2016, 09:14pm
Whow, sounds very good, I'd ask him about the coolant inlet and outlet tanks? Just to be safe
e3steve   
Wed Apr 27 2016, 06:45am
Member No: #1163
Welcome to The Dark Side, Keith!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club