Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
OzC6   
Wed Apr 20 2016, 06:57am
Member No: #2578
OK so i've realised:

1. The spoiler doesnt pop up at the appropriate speeds

2. The headlights come on automatically, but they do not turn with the steering wheel

3. The door mirrors do not dip to the kerb (when choosing left or right mirror before putting in reverse)

I realised all the above when i drove another C6 yesterday....

So any thoughts on these?
Norman   
Wed Apr 20 2016, 08:10am
Member No: #364
Hi,
The spoiler may be sized in the down position, the head lights not turning because they are turned off in the menu configuration, the door mirrors only dip in reverse when the mirror switch is in the relevant position you can select the left or right mirror as required.
Hope this helps.

Norman
gmerry   
Wed Apr 20 2016, 09:10am
Member No: #21
To add to Norman's post, a quick check of the spoiler (assuming you havn't already tried this) is to activate the maintenance position for the wipers/spoiler. Beyond this, you are looking at a Lexia/Diagbox session to command the spoiler to actuate and then decide whether is a seizure problem or BSI/Comms.
Regards
G
c6kev   
Wed Apr 20 2016, 04:42pm
Member No: #1508
Hi

The mirrors don't "dip" automatically. Effectively, they have an additional memory which is operated by selecting reverse. If you adjust a mirror while reverse is selected, it should move back to its original position as you move forwards and return to the alternative position when reverse is next selected.

Does this help?

Kevin
frozenbeard81   
Thu Apr 21 2016, 08:03am
Member No: #2503
I did not know this!
Trainman   
Thu Apr 21 2016, 03:55pm

Member No: #86
It could also be, the mirrors have never been set up, to dip......

With the car in reverse, select and move the mirror, then put the car into drive and the mirror should return to its normal position
e3steve   
Thu Apr 21 2016, 08:59pm
Member No: #1163
Trainman wrote ...

It could also be, the mirrors have never been set up, to dip......

With the car in reverse, select and move the mirror, then put the car into drive and the mirror should return to its normal position

...after 15 seconds. Or if you move the mirror select switch, then the re-indexing is immediate.
OzC6   
Fri Apr 22 2016, 03:35pm
yes, i know about selecting the L or R mirror an putting in reverse- my mirrors on one car do not dip.

I know these are faults, as I bought a second C6, and all these functions work LOL

The car with the faults has been booked into B.L autos for next thurs, as I've tried "service setting for the spoiler" and it doesnt pop up probably seized.

e3steve   
Sat Apr 23 2016, 04:35pm
OzC6 wrote ...

yes, i know about selecting the L or R mirror an putting in reverse- my mirrors on one car do not dip.

I know these are faults, as I bought a second C6, and all these functions work LOL

The car with the faults has been booked into B.L autos for next thurs, as I've tried "service setting for the spoiler" and it doesnt pop up probably seized.

Door mirrors not indexing in reverse, and/or wandering off onto their own planet when re-indexing after deselecting reverse gear, is a common fault. The feedback potentiometers have a habit of failing.

I tested my l/h mirror before I replaced it, and the Solus diagnostic device reported 'no feedback information'. My driver's side mirror has recently started intermittently playing up too! [%*^#@!] !
OzC6   
Sun Apr 24 2016, 02:46pm
e3steve wrote ...

Door mirrors not indexing in reverse, and/or wandering off onto their own planet when re-indexing after deselecting reverse gear, is a common fault. The feedback potentiometers have a habit of failing.

I tested my l/h mirror before I replaced it, and the Solus diagnostic device reported 'no feedback information'. My driver's side mirror has recently started intermittently playing up too! [%*^#@!] !

and the fix is a whole new mirror??
e3steve   
Sun Apr 24 2016, 08:38pm
I replaced the l/h one, but I intend pulling the old one apart to 'have a play' with it. There are various actuator aftermarket mechanisms on eBay, but I've not noticed any for our cars.
Nikolaj   
Wed Sep 18 2019, 08:02pm
Member No: #4047
An additional question, is it not possible to have both mirrors dipped at the same time?
When reversing in between 2 lines, I need both mirrors dipped, so I was surprised that only the mirror indicated by the L/R switch was dipped.
C6Dave   
Thu Sep 19 2019, 07:24am

Member No: #1
Nikolaj wrote ...

An additional question, is it not possible to have both mirrors dipped at the same time?
When reversing in between 2 lines, I need both mirrors dipped, so I was surprised that only the mirror indicated by the L/R switch was dipped.

No I'm afraid. You might want to consider fitting a reversing camera.
Website

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club