Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Gobxoy   
Thu Sep 27 2012, 08:07am
Member No: #786
Here's a couple of examples of whats required to make your own STT

- Click Here -

- Click Here -

and the the neatest, but you need to machine a collar to accept the sphere thread and some high quality welding. - Click Here - Although the top of a Xantia front strut cut off and dressed would probably work and have a enough meat to drill and tap for the pressure gauge?

dsharples   
Sun Aug 31 2014, 05:17pm
Member No: #119
I received a "Suspension Faulty: Don't Exceed 55mph" message today - and I can't hear the pump running... and it doesn't seem to want to respond to commanded height changes - so will get the car to the dealer ASAP tomorrow. Is there anything simple that could cause this? I have checked the hydraulic system fuse under the dash...
C6Dave   
Sun Aug 31 2014, 05:55pm

Member No: #1
Have you checked the LDS fluid level?
Website
Hattershaun   
Sun Aug 31 2014, 09:33pm
Member No: #320
Check the LDS tank lid is closed tightly/properly.
I experienced the same warning as you, along with the front ride height lowering and getting a very bumpy ride. I found the tank's screw cap was loose, so tightened it, moved the suspension from max to min height and all was better, never to be repeated.
dsharples   
Mon Sep 01 2014, 07:42pm
Member No: #119
And the answer is, a seized hydraulic pump motor & maxi fuse.... cost to replace c. £1200 inc. labour... Citroen Warranty people company coming to inspect tomorrow...

Perhaps its time to think about parting....
e3steve   
Mon Sep 01 2014, 07:49pm
Member No: #1163
The pump motor from a C5 Hydractive is the same. Mine burnt out; I got a C5 complete pump, motor & ECU on eBay for £90. It's a bit of a job -- took me about two hours, including removing the front bumper & r/h headlamp.

It's documented on site.
eke   
Fri Jul 02 2021, 04:05pm
Member No: #624
travlician wrote ...

Also need to depressurize before starting this operation. I had a temporary fix just to make sure the cause was with the actuator. I disconnected the cable to the actuator and connected a 12V dashboard light to the connector (the ECU reports an error if no load is found) and drove like that for about a month without any problems (remember that in that case the rear suspension can not switch to stiff mode which might influence the road holding, no issue here with speed limit at 80 km/hr (50 mph?).

By the way, the official repair method is replacing the entire firmness regulator body (procedure is published in downloads)...

Hi Travlician,
This is an old thread, but my car apparently also has that rear stiffness regulator solenoid jammed and the regulator is so rusty that it won’t open. A new part is on order, but to be able to drive until it arrives, I would ask, how did you connect the 12V dashboard light to the cable connector to drive in soft mode? What kind of light did you use, was it a G4 base or something else?

Br Eke
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club