C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Introduce yourself

citroen c6 purchased today

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
kfairgray   
Sat May 07 2016, 08:54am
Member No: #2555
Curious: NZC6 - What will you likely replace this wonderful machine with? probably not a Toyota?
NZC6   
Sat May 07 2016, 10:10am
Member No: #1629
I am looking at something very different to a C6. Went for a test drive today and thoroughly enjoyed driving it. I have not fully decided yet though. The C6 is a wonderful machine I totally agree and I have loved owning mine (my third Citroen) but variety is the spice of life and I want to try something else. When I decide to definitely buy it I will post what it is (and expect some surprise from the C6 owners here I suspect).
No it is not a Toyota!
kfairgray   
Sat May 07 2016, 10:41am
Perfect - I'll wait patiently to find out. I have no idea as to where an ex C6 owner can go next...
Trainman   
Sat May 07 2016, 02:49pm

Member No: #86
kfairgray wrote ...
It goes a lot deeper than just trying to compete with the so called quality German marques. The Citroen C6 driver is laid back, secure in the knowledge that he bought a car that is different. He didn't buy it so that he could run with the pack, he is not a sheep. He puts comfort and style above performance. A BMW would never sport reclining rear seats because, in a BMW, it's all about the driver. The passenger is of no consequence, particularly the rear seat passenger. That's why BMW drivers are universally despised. They are selfishness personified. The C6 driver rises above all this. Nice people drive Citroens. I love my C6 and I am proud of it.

I don't think I could refute any of that, having had a BMW 520 for a month as a hire car.......
ul9601   
Sun May 08 2016, 07:11am
Member No: #1975
NZC6 wrote ...

...I am probably going to sell mine (or rather trade it in) soon so it might turn up for sale somewhere in NZ. I have had it as a daily driver for over 2 years and it is time to try something different. It will be sad to see it go but times change.

I could be interested - let me know but I'm in no hurry as I have enough cars as is, although C5's intermittently kicking up the anti pollution error message every now and then.
cheers
sam
NZC6   
Sun May 08 2016, 08:11am
Member No: #1629
Hi Sam
Thanks I will keep it in mind. I would prefer to be able to trade it in - less hassle but if they offer a ridiculously low figure I will have to reconsider.
My depollution error message came on recently as well and it is currently at the mechanics getting its front EQR valve replaced at the moment which should fix it. ( I had the rear replaced half a year ago).
ul9601   
Sun May 08 2016, 08:53am
I understand.
Citroens don't get much trade-in value unfortunately. My C5 is ES9 V6, something to do with the catalytic converters it says. Have been having a bit of trouble installing Lexia on my netbook so I haven't really figured out exactly what's going on.
Will have to try again tomorrow.
C6Dave   
Tue May 10 2016, 03:15pm

Member No: #1
gmerry wrote ...

PS, must change the union jack to a Saltire if pos.

Have a read of this: - Click Here -

It's the reason the sites 'Country Code' pulls the Union Flag G

I'll see if I can find a way around it but it won't happen quickly....
Website
kfairgray   
Wed May 11 2016, 04:07am
Hi Dave:

Flags are a hot topic in NZ at the moment. We've just spent 74 million on a referendum that resulted in us keeping the Union Jack in the corner of our flag...

So given this outcome, you'll have no programming to do on behalf of the Kiwi members

Cheers

Ken
FraserG   
Thu May 12 2016, 02:08am
Member No: #2011
Hey Ken

It was only $26 million and 80% of that cost was postage!

Glad to see the Government still supporting the post...

Cheers Fraser
kfairgray   
Tue May 17 2016, 10:06am
OK - I stand corrected $26 million to keep our old flag it is then Fraser I can tell you which way I voted when I come and visit you in my C6!

BTW: Estimated pick up date for my vehicle is tomorrow. Bishops final QA threw up a number of minor things they they wished to work on...

Ken
Trainman   
Tue May 17 2016, 10:53am

Member No: #86
kfairgray wrote ...

OK - I stand corrected $26 million to keep our old flag it is then Fraser I can tell you which way I voted when I come and visit you in my C6!

BTW: Estimated pick up date for my vehicle is tomorrow. Bishops final QA threw up a number of minor things they they wished to work on...

Ken

sitting here with bated breath..........

ul9601   
Tue May 17 2016, 08:05pm
Apparently majority of those 26 millions was for postal referendum.
And clearly I wasn't paying attention - Fraser already mentioned this above!

kfairgray   
Fri May 20 2016, 07:24am
PICK UP EXPERIENCE TAKE TWO

Yesterday I took possession of my C6 for the second time. However no dramas this round, and no plumes of black smoke or tow trucks.

I picked the vehicle up from Bishop's Garage in Newton late in the afternoon. Wooooowwwwww, it is driving like a dream! Way way way better than I expected. It drove well and the ride was good when I test drove the car, but now the ride is unbeeliieeeeeevably good.

This sublime result follows a set of four new quality tyres, many many new parts from France including suspension components, and a truck load of adjustments that Bishops have attended to.

Everyone that I take for ride is truly amazed! On the first night I took a friend for drive to a near by street with loads of judder bars, and a few pot-holes. I wanted to test the results of driving over judder bars at 45kms, 50kms, 55kms and 60kms. I admit that 60kms was too fast to take on a judder bar without slowing down [but I didn't damage anything] however at 45kms or 50kms it just gobbles the whole thing up effortlessly. It is astonishing...

I have never experienced anything like this before in my life. Additionally the engine is super quiet, the air conditioning is close to silent, the laminated windows keep all the city noises out, the JBL stereo sounds fantastic and driving it is an extreme pleasure - even in the ridiculously over congested traffic that we encounter in Auckland. So here's the photo [below] that I took earlier this evening - my long wait is over, and now its all about turning any car journey into a very special experience.

Thank you C6 owners community for your kind encouragement and words of sympathy [when it all looked like it was going horribly wrong] I love this machine even more than I thought that I would. I intend to look after it and keep it forever!!!
kfairgray   
Fri May 20 2016, 07:31am
Ok that didn't work, let me try one more time

Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club