C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Electrical Mirrors

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
C6Chester   
Wed Mar 02 2016, 09:13am
Member No: #2287
Had a quick check in the search function but couldn't quite find anything about this particular issue - when I was driving to work this morning, my drivers side mirror wouldn't adjust when I attempted to do it.

The mirror constantly remembers a position that I don't like so I have to reset it most days, but today it just wouldn't work at all, I'm presuming this is an electrical problem?

The car is in for its MOT at the Citroen garage at the weekend, should I mention this to them, or is it something I can fix myself? I'm a little apprehensive about telling them as last time my car was serviced, their health check of the vehicle came back with over £2,500 worth of problems that apparently needed fixing - most of which I ignored!
e3steve   
Wed Mar 02 2016, 02:33pm
Member No: #1163
Most likely to be the motor & feedback assembly ageing, possibly due to corrosion.

Feedback is the first thing to fail, whereby the mirror won't index to its pre-selected (when reverse gear is engaged and that mirror is selected via the door console switch) position, then not returning to the memorised position, fifteen seconds after reverse is exited (or when the key is turned off of the mirror switch is moved to 'OFF' or the other mirror, whichever is the sooner).

My l/h mirror was always a problem; I was lucky enough to be offered one for a song.

They're about £700 each, btw...
Tjensen   
Wed Mar 02 2016, 03:26pm
Member No: #954
I have the "Mad Mirror Syndrome", (MMS) and it seem to be connected to washing of the car or other situations where water could come into the door tube or connections. The madness is seizures of moving in and out constantly. Often combined with no reaction to the switches. The switches should also not be touched, it may provoke something. And then it is OK again and can stay that way for months. All in all, OK 95% of the time, so I have not spent money on it. I consider putting grease in the door rubber tubes and spray connectors.
Norman   
Thu Mar 03 2016, 10:48am
Member No: #364
I had a similar problem with the mirrors not remembering the correct position in forward drive and wrong again in reverse and not remembering the correct downward angle when memorised, so I actuated each mirror in turn to their maximum travel up, down, left ant right a few times then tried again and they behaved perfectly and remembered where to go, so I suspect a little exacise is all the needed.
cruiserphil   
Mon Jul 05 2021, 08:35am

Member No: #38
e3Steve wrote:
Feedback is the first thing to fail, whereby the mirror won't index to its pre-selected (when reverse gear is engaged and that mirror is selected via the door console switch) position, then not returning to the memorised position, fifteen seconds after reverse is exited (or when the key is turned off of the mirror switch is moved to 'OFF' or the other mirror, whichever is the sooner).

The passenger side (RHD car) door mirror of our 2.7 is not responding to the reverse command. The full range of positions can be selected using the door driver's door switches. I plugged in Diagbox and the switch commands and angle feedbacks are operating. The driver's mirror operates with the reverse command but no additional input is visible on Diagbox to compare with the passenger side. I'm going to study the electrical schematics to see if I can locate what controls it.

In the meantime, would welcome any suggestions!

Best regards,

Phil C.
321dave   
Mon Jul 05 2021, 12:04pm
Member No: #614
cruiserphil wrote ...

e3Steve wrote:

The passenger side (RHD car) door mirror of our 2.7 is not responding to the reverse command. The full range of positions can be selected using the door driver's door switches. I plugged in Diagbox and the switch commands and angle feedbacks are operating. The driver's mirror operates with the reverse command but no additional input is visible on Diagbox to compare with the passenger side. I'm going to study the electrical schematics to see if I can locate what controls it.

In the meantime, would welcome any suggestions!

Best regards,

Phil C.

Hi Phil,
you most likely have checked the rubber sleeve that protects the wires for the door controls and mirror. Could you have a broken wire that also receives the inputs to move lower on reverse.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club