C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Newbie with some queries

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
keithc   
Wed Apr 27 2016, 09:07pm
Member No: #2584
This evening was the first time I had a proper look at my "new" C6. I'm waiting until May to tax it so it's not on the road yet!

I have some parking bulbs gone along with a pinkish Xenon light the driver's side. I cannot figure out how to change these and can't seem to find anything on the site (I'm more than likely not searching correctly!) Can someone point out where I can find this out?

Also do I need to disconnect the battery to change the Xenon and if so do I need a radio code as I can't see a code in the owner's manual?

My spoiler didn't rise on the journey home last Sat so had a quick look at it. The passenger side of the spoiler was free but the driver's side was siezed. Gentle persuasion eventually got the spoiler raised and I oiled all the parts, I can now lift the spoiler freely but I took it a few miles up the road to see if it helped but it's still staying down. It does not raise in service mode either so do I just keep putting lube on it and hope it eventually works or can I get it plugged in to see if a fault exists?

Finally when I came back from the spin I tried the settings for lowering and raising the suspension and I left it in the lowest setting. Is this recommended or should I raise it back to normal?

Edit: - I forgot to mention I got stuff to do a full service from my local Citroen Garage and the oil I got is Total Quartz "Ineo ECS fuel economy" 5w 30 Fully Synthetic and it has grade ACEA C2. I presume this is fine?

Thanks for any help

gmerry   
Thu Apr 28 2016, 07:13am
Member No: #21
Hi Keith, hope you get the various issues sorted. Here's some ideas

This evening was the first time I had a proper look at my "new" C6. I'm waiting until May to tax it so it's not on the road yet!

I have some parking bulbs gone along with a pinkish Xenon light the driver's side. I cannot figure out how to change these and can't seem to find anything on the site (I'm more than likely not searching correctly!) Can someone point out where I can find this out?

Also do I need to disconnect the battery to change the Xenon and if so do I need a radio code as I can't see a code in the owner's manual?

My spoiler didn't rise on the journey home last Sat so had a quick look at it. The passenger side of the spoiler was free but the driver's side was siezed. Gentle persuasion eventually got the spoiler raised and I oiled all the parts, I can now lift the spoiler freely but I took it a few miles up the road to see if it helped but it's still staying down. It does not raise in service mode either so do I just keep putting lube on it and hope it eventually works or can I get it plugged in to see if a fault exists?

Finally when I came back from the spin I tried the settings for lowering and raising the suspension and I left it in the lowest setting. Is this recommended or should I raise it back to normal?

Edit: - I forgot to mention I got stuff to do a full service from my local Citroen Garage and the oil I got is Total Quartz "Ineo ECS fuel economy" 5w 30 Fully Synthetic and it has grade ACEA C2. I presume this is fine?

Thanks for any help

1/Starting with the Oil. Yes ACEA C2 is the correct specification for the diesel engines

2/Front parking bulbs - read a copy of the owners manual on this site plus search this forum

3/Changing your pink bulb - pink means its on its way to failing. You need to disconnect the battery (take precautions such as part lowering of drivers window and tie a rag through the boot catch so you don't get stuck with the window up which means you might break the door glass), wait 15 minutes before working on the Very High Voltage Xenon system - thousands of volts for the ignitors.

Read the forum on methods on how to actually change the bulbs - I removed the bumper and the light units and did the actually bulb change inside with the headlight unit upright so I could see what I was doing on the fiddly mechanism. Alternatively there is a recent post with someone changing the bulbs without any major dismantling. Suggest read the forum posts and make up your own mind.

4/ There is no radio code. To reset the car's electrics, you need to reset the electric windows and the date/time display etc. You might possibly need to reset the BSI - search the forum. Note, best to shut the car down, leave the boot open and wait 15 minutes before disconnecting the battery so that all the ECUs have shutdown in an orderly fashion.

5/ Spoiler - read separate posts on how to go about stripping down and repairing the boot spoiler

Best regards
G
Tjensen   
Thu Apr 28 2016, 07:15am
Member No: #954
ACEA C2 is the right code and this Total one has the genuine PSA approval. Leave the suspension in normal, it has a lot of different modes and shift between them as needed. If you choose low (or high) positition, however, it will go back to normal when you start driving above slow speed (but by then you might already have bumped the bottom plates. The C6 is very slow to adjust, so this is a real danger.
321dave   
Thu Apr 28 2016, 07:50am
Member No: #614
Hi Keith,
good advice on all the issues you mentioned from forum members G and tjenson. The technical downloads area of the this forum has a very good library on literally everything you would need to do to maintain the car yourself. You might not want to do that yourself, but you can advise others like your local friendly independent garage what process needs to be followed. If you change the Xenon bulbs it's best to do the two front bulbs together and all the little bulbs are handy to do as well at that time, as the drivers bulbs are somewhat hidden and inaccessible behind the black reservoir tank.

Best to keep doing the checkover of the whole car as you've been doing and find as many niggles at this stage.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club