C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Rear brake lamps - how many ?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
jeanlepharmacien   
Fri Feb 26 2016, 10:23am
Member No: #2484
Hello to all from a fresh C6 owner (moved up from C5 Tourer..). Had the car a month now, about 4k done across France and UK and all going well. I notice that the rear lamp/brake cluster has two pairs of 21/5 watt lamps but would appear that only the lower lamps illuminate when braking. Is this correct or are there circumstanvew when the upper pair illuminate? The lamp holders seem to be wired for all to work. Thanks

PS as you all probably know..C6 gets great respect from others on the French autoroutes
Trainman   
Fri Feb 26 2016, 10:30am

Member No: #86
John, to another North West C6 owner

The rear light set up is correct, the the brake light is only the bottom light, (stop and tail) the next one is just a sidelight as is the rear marker light.
Norman   
Sat Jul 02 2016, 08:42am
Member No: #364
Hi all i noticed the other day that the stop/tail lamps on both sides don't work on the top tail light but they do on the bottom ones so i removed the lamp assembly and checked the bulb holders the top and bottom lamp holders are identical but fitted with dual filament bulbs pushing the brake pedal only the bottom brake light illuminates swapping the bulbs about to check confirmed the bulbs are ok but the top one only lights up in the tail light checking the holders they are both wired identically then it started to rain,
Is it possible that the wires where they go into the connectors are not connected or is it a "option" in the lexia to turn them on and off. when it stops raining i must investigate further.

Norman
Trainman   
Sat Jul 02 2016, 05:58pm

Member No: #86
replied to other post Norman
Norman   
Fri Jul 15 2016, 11:09am
Member No: #364
Investigating further I purchased a rear tail light harness from E-bay and checked the wires interestingly when I checked the actual bulb holders the top bulb holder has only one set of contacts whereas the bottom one has two for the duel filament bulb so that is why it doesn't light up as a stop lamp, so do they supply the bulb as a spare side/stop?
PIT   
Fri Aug 26 2016, 08:41am
Member No: #2671
I don't know why but they do this for years... Haven't seen on other cars, but Xantia has also two 21/5 bulbs for each side and only one is used for brake light. The other 21W is not connected. Same as here on C6.
Website

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club