C6owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: Members Get Togethers and Events

An excuse for a C6 convoy anyone?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
FreakyFrenchFan   
Tue Jan 19 2016, 12:10pm
Member No: #2057
One idea for a route I have just thought of is to drive from Citroens UK head office in Coventry down to what remains of the Citroen factory on the Slough Trading estate. It's about a 90 minute journey and is 88 miles. If we did this we would need to decide whether motorway or A/B roads would be best. In my view a convoy is all about showing off the cars as well as obviously enjoying the drive. Motorways have the advantage that we would be less likely to get separated, especially if we all remained disciplined and stuck to 55-60 in the left hand lane. The advantage to A and B roads is we would get seen by more people and it would be easier to stop off on route for lunch etc. Thoughts please.
userpco   
Tue Jan 26 2016, 12:59pm
Member No: #622
Hattershaun wrote ...

I now have the route we drove from Slough to Dunstable Downs, so will send it in a pm, Simon.

I like this suggestion
Peter
FreakyFrenchFan   
Tue Jan 26 2016, 06:19pm
I never received the PM from Hattershaun. Can you resend it Shaun?
Hattershaun   
Tue Jan 26 2016, 09:23pm
Member No: #320
FreakyFrenchFan wrote ...

I never received the PM from Hattershaun. Can you resend it Shaun?

Yes, I'll send again.
Original was sent on Tues 19th Jan, just after midnight and says it was opened about 6 hours later.
I attached the route as an image, maybe that part didn't work properly.
e3steve   
Tue Jan 26 2016, 10:49pm
Member No: #1163
Hattershaun wrote ...

I now have the route we drove from Slough to Dunstable Downs, so will send it in a pm, Simon.

When are we thinking of doing our 'Nellie the Elephant' convoy, Shaun?

No PM received on the subject...
Sevenman   
Wed Feb 17 2016, 05:37pm
Member No: #2241
I have never met another C6 owner in person - apart from the one I bought the car from, and I am not impressed by his attention to mechanical detail, but I am getting there slowly.

So I would be up for a meet, although the farther it gets from The Worcester area the harder to attend. Depending on the date, I may be able to combine it with work in the area.
FreakyFrenchFan   
Sat Feb 20 2016, 04:18pm
Right!!! Its decision making time and as I started this thread I'm going to make the "Executive Decisions" otherwise we will never get this thing on. Lol! If you can make it then great, if you cant then tough..lol!

The Date for the convoy run will be Sunday 6th March. It will start in Coventry with lunch and a photo opportunity at midday, venue to be decided, and then commence from the Peugeot Citroen headquarters in Sunbeam Way. We will drive in disciplined convoy at no more than 60mph in the left hand lane of the M40 down to the Slough Trading Estate and the site of the former Citroen Factory. The journey time is approximately 90 minutes.

The reason for using the motorway is that it will be easier to stay together due to there being no traffic lights, roundabouts etc etc. But as mentioned above, this can only be achieved with regimented driving.

The date and route are non negotiable. I felt the route had to start and finish at Citroen related points for obvious reasons. Sorry if this sounds hard but a firm decision needed to be made. Everyone has their own agenda and unless someone makes a decision the event will never happen. I hope you understand.

Please leave your name below if you can do this convoy. Thanks.

e3steve   
Sat Feb 20 2016, 04:50pm
I'm in.
FreakyFrenchFan   
Sun Feb 21 2016, 07:09am
e3steve wrote ...

I'm in.

Thanks Steve.
FreakyFrenchFan   
Sun Feb 21 2016, 08:17am
There will be some great opportunities on the motorway for some pictures, taken by a passenger of course!. These could include pics of the full length convoy in motion and a C6 in each lane of the motorway at the same time, hence straddling it. Hopefully none will be stationary in the hard shoulder though, but being a C6 that can't be ruled out! Lol!!!!!
FreakyFrenchFan   
Sun Feb 21 2016, 10:27am
I have just been reminded that the date I chose for the convoy falls on Mothers Day! So unless people want to treat their mothers to lunch in Coventry and a 90 minute convoy ride in a lovely car, which I think is unlikely, then the date needs to change. The new date will be SUNDAY 13TH MARCH.
e3steve   
Sun Feb 21 2016, 11:14am

I have just been reminded that the date I chose for the convoy falls on Mothers Day! So unless people want to treat their mothers to lunch in Coventry and a 90 minute convoy ride in a lovely car, which I think is unlikely, then the date needs to change. The new date will be SUNDAY 13TH MARCH.

I'm still in...
Sevenman   
Sun Feb 21 2016, 04:09pm
Member No: #2241

We will drive in disciplined convoy at no more than 60mph in the left hand lane of the M40

60 sounds a bit brisk. 50 should do nicely, and we may get some appreciative waves from the HGVs going around our convoy.

But sadly that clashes with a pre-planned trip out for my other car to the Shelsley Walsh Breakfast Club.

Non-Citroen car is the blue one in this pic
userpco   
Sun Feb 21 2016, 05:31pm
Member No: #622

I'm afraid I can't make it to Coventry but will be waiting to greet the 'convoy'
at the closed Citroen factory in Slough...assuming 4 to 5pm?
Regards
Peter
FreakyFrenchFan   
Sun Feb 21 2016, 05:50pm
Sevenman wrote ...

We will drive in disciplined convoy at no more than 60mph in the left hand lane of the M40

60 sounds a bit brisk. 50 should do nicely, and we may get some appreciative waves from the HGVs going around our convoy.

But sadly that clashes with a pre-planned trip out for my other car to the Shelsley Walsh Breakfast Club.

Non-Citroen car is the blue one in this pic

50 as you say would mean trucks frequently overtaking us and subsequently this would obscure our visibility. 60 enables us to travel slightly faster than the trucks and be constantly visible.
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club