C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Introduce yourself

New member.....alas not!

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Trainman   
Thu Jun 09 2016, 12:46am

Member No: #86
OH hopefully, the warranty people will still cover it as a gesture of goodwill.
e3steve   
Thu Jun 09 2016, 08:16am
Member No: #1163
Extant wrote ...

e3steve wrote ...

Trainman wrote ...

I heard about that last night............. Nice to know where the mark up is......
Hope the suspension collapses and their warranty underwriters refuse to pay....

Well, it looks like you wish has come true in part. The car has been in for a new condenser - the old one was holed. Today, the car came down from the ramp and the hydraulic pump went bang with smoke issuing out.

The warranty expired yesterday so we'll never know if all of your wish would have come true.
Richard, so sorry to learn that your (short?) warranty has expired; I wouldn't wish a single failure on any owner or forum member!

My hydraulic motor cooked itself in 2014, btw; I replaced it with a s/h 'Gate' motor from a C5 pump assembly. The pump seems different but the motor is identical.

If you work on the car with the suspension on its highest position -- which I do -- the pump will top up the pressure each time you open or close a door or the boot. As a result it gets very hot!

I've remotely mounted the 40-Amp maxi-fuse externally of the underbonnet electronics' box, so I pull said fuse once the pump stops and the suspension tops-out during my work preparation.
Extant   
Thu Jun 09 2016, 12:44pm
Member No: #317
Hi Steve.

I appreciate that you meant no harm - other than to the bloke that sold it.

The situation is largely my own fault. I stupidly thought that the warranty was for 6 months, not the standard 3 month dealer warranty. I only glanced at the documents and made a big mistake. I would blame it on my dyslexia but, in truth, it's down to stupidity.

I now have an indeterminate wait for the replacement part to arrive. It took about two months for the power steering pump on my other one.
Extant   
Thu Jun 09 2016, 12:50pm
Trainman wrote ...

OH hopefully, the warranty people will still cover it as a gesture of goodwill.

Hattershaun   
Thu Jun 09 2016, 01:52pm
Member No: #320
You may want to check out The Consumer Rights Act about buying a used car from a dealer.
Your rights here are in addition to any warranty provided.

- Click Here -

From the link above "Between 30 days and 6 months from purchase.......
It is assumed in law that the fault was present at the time of purchase unless the seller can prove otherwise."

The faulty suspension pump would be covered by this.
The aircon condenser may not be covered, for example if a stone has gone through it, that's wear and tear.

I'd be asking the selling dealer to pay for these repairs.

Extant   
Thu Jun 09 2016, 02:02pm
Thanks for that. I've just emailed the dealer and wait to see his response.
Extant   
Fri Jun 10 2016, 03:10pm
Much grumbling at the moment from the Dealer. He want's to check this out as he believes it to be highly suspicious that the pump frazzled when the work was being done on the condenser.

Are they near each other on the 2.2?
e3steve   
Fri Jun 10 2016, 09:17pm
Member No: #1163
Extant wrote ...

Much grumbling at the moment from the Dealer. He want's to check this out as he believes it to be highly suspicious that the pump frazzled when the work was being done on the condenser.

Are they near each other on the 2.2?

That dealer made a good mark-up on that car; he should cough up, or name & shame!
Extant   
Sat Jun 11 2016, 08:23am
If he doesn't cough up he will also have to deal with trading standards.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club