New member.....alas not!

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
HintonGreen   
Sat Feb 20 2016, 04:20pm
Member No: #2522
Hello!

I'd hoped to be posting this afternoon as a new C6 owner but alas not. Thought some of you might be interested in the story though.

I've been thinking about getting a C6 for a while but, given it would be my main car, I've been rather put off by the costs associated with running a 2.7 HDi. Nevertheless, I kept an eye on the internet sites to see if any 2.2 or 3.0 models came up for sale, not realising initially that these are like hens teeth!

However, at the beginning of February a 2010 2.2HDi in black with cream leather and only 28k on the clock was advertised on eBay and Autotrader by Citroen Brent Cross with an asking price of £9425. Unfortunately this was still some way beyond my budget so I didn't take it any further.

Earlier this week though I was looking on the BCA website and found that the same car was up for auction today in Enfield. Obviously, having failed to sell it on quickly, Brent Cross had decided to send it to auction. This got me excited as I thought that at auction I might stand a chance of getting it within budget. How wrong I was! It opened with a commission bid of £7500 and then flew up to over £10k and eventually sold for £11,100 which with standard buyers premium and registration fee would be over £11,750!!!

Obviously at least two people really wanted that car and it just goes to show the difficulty the trade has in valuing them, especially when I later managed to find out that the reserve price that the garage had set was only £8k.

So, back to the classifieds I go!
Trainman   
Sat Feb 20 2016, 05:50pm

Member No: #86
That's a staggering amount........

oh and
userpco   
Sun Feb 21 2016, 11:51am
Member No: #622
Welcome Aidan,
That is very interesting.
Peter
cruiserphil   
Sun Feb 21 2016, 05:40pm

Member No: #38
HintonGreen,

Of interest perchance? - Click Here -

Best regards ,

Phil C.
frozenbeard81   
Mon Feb 22 2016, 06:32am
Member No: #2503
[%*^#@!] hell, suddenly I feel I have bought the bargain of the year...famous last words (hope I have just jinxed myself)
HintonGreen   
Mon Feb 22 2016, 02:21pm
I've just received a notification from eBay that Churchfield of Reigate are selling a 2010 2.2 HDI in black with beige leather and 28k miles. Sound familiar? Yours for £16,995.
Trainman   
Mon Feb 22 2016, 03:22pm

Member No: #86
I heard about that last night............. Nice to know where the mark up is......
drummond   
Tue Feb 23 2016, 06:10pm
Member No: #238
I sold mine last year for £4500- looks like I might have undersold it!!
e3steve   
Wed Feb 24 2016, 09:04am
Member No: #1163
Trainman wrote ...

I heard about that last night............. Nice to know where the mark up is......
Hope the suspension collapses and their warranty underwriters refuse to pay....
cruiserphil   
Wed Feb 24 2016, 09:11am

Member No: #38
E3,

That's not like you
Extant   
Tue Mar 22 2016, 10:51am
Member No: #317
I'll let you know if that happens. I'm picking it up on Thursday.

e3steve wrote ...

Trainman wrote ...

e3steve   
Wed Mar 23 2016, 07:54am
Member No: #1163
cruiserphil wrote ...

E3,

That's not like you

My rationale? They've cashed in! Loaded a hefty profit on a car that no-one 'in the trade' would've touched <with a barge pole>, a while back. Now the trade is suddenly enamoured with C6s and rubbing their hands together thinking they'll load any (of the many) possible inherent failings on their warranty companies!

Why should the trade cash-in on our hard work and out-of-pocket expenditure? The C6 was (unfairly) a pariah until very recently; and now a dealer has suddenly seen pound notes of profit at the expense of member Hinton Green's loss. Grrrr!!

So I'm hoping that this dealer's warranty underwriters turn their backs on something hefty (sorry Extant!) and this will force said dealer to pay up themselves...
Extant   
Wed Mar 23 2016, 09:29am
e3steve wrote ...

My rationale? They've cashed in! Loaded a hefty profit on a car that no-one 'in the trade' would've touched <with a barge pole>, a while back. Now the trade is suddenly enamoured with C6s and rubbing their hands together thinking they'll load any (of the many) possible inherent failings on their warranty companies!

Why should the trade cash-in on our hard work and out-of-pocket expenditure? The C6 was (unfairly) a pariah until very recently; and now a dealer has suddenly seen pound notes of profit at the expense of member Hinton Green's loss. Grrrr!!

So I'm hoping that this dealer's warranty underwriters turn their backs on something hefty (sorry Extant!) and this will force said dealer to pay up themselves...

I gather that this was your C6 at some time then E3 and by the sound of it you might have had some problems with it. Anything that I should know about before taking out my own warranty cover?

As for the price, well I got what I considered a reasonable deal at the end of the day for a car that will hopefully see me happy for a few years yet before I have to settle for something different. Having had my current C6 for about four years I've become so enamoured with them that I find the prospect of driving anything else disappointing to say the least.
HintonGreen   
Tue Apr 05 2016, 12:48pm
I have no complaints, at least I know now that with my budget I'm firmly in 2.7 territory!

I still get eBay notifications and the latest one I got was very interesting - essentially it's a "Wanted Notice" for a 3.0 HDi Exclusive from the same dealer (Churchfields, Reigate) and says that they'll offer a "reward for information of the purchase of such a car"!!!!!
Extant   
Wed Jun 08 2016, 05:54pm
e3steve wrote ...

Trainman wrote ...

Well, it looks like you wish has come true in part. The car has been in for a new condenser - the old one was holed. Today, the car came down from the ramp and the hydraulic pump went bang with smoke issuing out.

The warranty expired yesterday so we'll never know if all of your wish would have come true.
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club