Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: The Lounge

Traction Avant

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Jodyone   
Wed Jan 27 2016, 08:44pm
Member No: #1240
We've just bought this, on the TV show I'm working on at the mo:

Dodgy pic, it was dark in that stage and I only had my phone. I'll try to get a decent photo of my car meeting its (great?) grandparent, tomorrow!

frozenbeard81   
Tue Feb 09 2016, 04:37pm
Member No: #2503
Wow that's awesome! BTW are you allowed to say what programme? Not a certain dealer who is a wheeler if you catch my drift?
FraserG   
Wed Feb 10 2016, 12:21am
Member No: #2011
Very nice. Left hand drive froggy Traction with a metal dashboard? Lovely...
Jodyone   
Wed Feb 10 2016, 06:28pm
Sorry, missed these replies- and I finally got a chance to get the two cars together!

Excuse the grubby C6..! And the rubbish photos, I just had to grab them with my phone as I was driving past. No, It's not Wheeler dealers. It's a TV show called The Collection, about a fictional Paris fashion house in the late forties. Currently in production.

- Click Here -

The Traction has had a few scenes already- it's been fiddled with a bit, to change lights, plates, etc- and the lovely yellow wheels have gone back to black- but it's doing just fine I think. It surprised me how small it is- I visualised it a Bentley sized, I think. Easily fits inside the C6 footprint. I love how Citroen kept the sharp double-chevron logo design alive for so long, such a shame they melted it on their most recent cars.

cruiserphil   
Wed Feb 10 2016, 09:41pm

Member No: #38
Jodyone,

As regards size, it is a Legere. The Normales were bigger!M

Thanks for posting the piccies!

Best regards,

Phil C.
Jodyone   
Wed Feb 10 2016, 10:18pm
Ah, thanks for the clarification, Phil!
cruiserphil   
Thu Feb 11 2016, 09:19am

Fraser G,
Do you not like the Slough built cars?
Best regards,
Phil C.
FraserG   
Thu Feb 11 2016, 09:49pm
Member No: #2011
Hi Phil

I actually love them all. Nothing against Slough built which of course are the majority of Tractions in New Zealand. But if I had a choice in a perfect world I would choose a basic non leather, non wood dash Traction. I also really like the non hubcap wheels.

Cheers Fraser
cruiserphil   
Tue Feb 16 2016, 09:09am

As they say Fraser G, that's allowed,
I have a light 15 and I bought it in NZ. It came by sea in a 20' container.
Best regards,
Phil C.
C6Dave   
Tue Feb 16 2016, 10:14am

Member No: #1
Jodyone wrote ...

It surprised me how small it is- I visualised it a Bentley sized, I think. Easily fits inside the C6 footprint.
'
11BL's are the smallest in the range, a 'Famialle' or 'Commerciale' are actually longer than a C6, with far more interior cabin room and the mpg is not much different to a 3.0 petrol C6 so not much progress there over the years

It's nice to see someone has done the research and got a car that looks period and isn't a post 52 'Big Boot' which has happened in countless other programmes
Website
cruiserphil   
Tue Feb 16 2016, 09:20pm

FraserG,

Forgot to say there are a two features of the Slough I'm not mad about - the "understated" chevrons behind the grille despite that being a feature of the early French cars. And the straight bumpers. The purists might not like it but I'm going to fit the "curved bumpers." Also was fortunate in that a Traction owner had chrome "in your face chevrons" (as I call them) for sale which I bought. Apparently only in 1939 Citroen Paris fitted chrome chevron bars to Tractions. The chrome will match the chrome radiator on the Slough car!

Best regards,

Phil C.
drummond   
Thu Feb 18 2016, 02:35pm
Member No: #238
Ah, but in 1939 Slough put small triângles on the front right hand side of the grille, instead of the chevrons. With "Citroen" in, er, "German" script.

That lasted a long time....
drummond   
Thu Feb 18 2016, 02:38pm
Member No: #238
I've gone to the top of the link, Jodyone, and I see Bernie Shaw's car, don't I?
cruiserphil   
Thu Feb 18 2016, 06:59pm

Saying thanks manually Drummond'
Best regards,
Phil C.
Jodyone   
Sat Feb 20 2016, 02:48pm
I didn't know there were so many types of Traction Avant! Consider me schooled. I'm not sure, drummond, who the owner was, I can find out though. He was by account devoted to it and my colleague who sourced the car promised him it would be looked after, which is why we've been keeping a beady eye on it: a film unit is not the gentlest of organisms... it generally has more in common with a fight in a football stadium.

I'm sure the period correct element is a sheer happy accident..! It wasn't until the day before shoot that someone noticed it shouldn't have indicators...
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club