what do I have here

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
paulx19car   
Thu Jan 21 2016, 02:43pm
Member No: #2431
Hi All

My 2008 C6 exclusive has JBL written on the rear shelf speaker covers. It also has a built in jukebox and sat nav and phone thing.
However it looks like the Amp has been replaced because in the boot is an Alpine Amp. Now it all sounds OK but What I really want is to play music from my iPhone direct through the speakers. With the best sound quality coming from the lightening plug not the headphone socket.

Who knows what I need to buy? I'm Ok to fit it myself but I have no idea whats compatible.

Your advice as always much appreciated

Paul

Trainman   
Thu Jan 21 2016, 04:03pm

Member No: #86
That's a strange set up. The JBL music system has it's own built in amp. But what you have Is the RT4 headunit.

Iphone wise, I'm not sure (Hate the things) but DHallworth used to have a cable from his Iphone jack plug to the Aux connections in the glovebox
e3steve   
Fri Jan 22 2016, 08:57am
Member No: #1163
I've seen and heard the Parrot MKi9200 that was installed in colinc's 2.7/RT3. Rich (Baxter) had it fitted, during his ownership, by James at Advanced InCar in Bournemouth. James did a lovely job! They have a nationwide installation network.

This Parrot - Click Here - may suit your needs, though.

If the RT4 has the Aux-in RCA sockets inside the glovebox, I can recommend the Fusion BT-100 Bluetooth device - Click Here -.

The only drawback with the Aux input is the fact that it's low-gain and, thus, relatively quiet.
Jodyone   
Fri Jan 22 2016, 10:39pm
Member No: #1240
RT4 has a USB socket on its behind, doesn't it? If so, could an appropriate lightning lead deliver audio that way?

My car has RT3- no jukebox- so I plumbed in a Citroen "USB Box" which hijacks the CD multi changer socket, replacing it with a USB, aux, and (old-style) iPod interface. I tried to plug my iPhone (5S, lightning) into the USB socket, but the system didn't recognise it. I gave up and now use a good bluetooth receiver plugged into the aux socket, because I care more for convenience than for ultimate sound quality.

The aux sockets in the glovebox are pretty useless. Volume is very low. I tried a cheap (but respected) headphone amp in the system, which amplified satisfactorily, but it transmitted appreciable alternator whine, and was impractical as it ran on internal battery only.
robingc33   
Sat Jan 23 2016, 02:57pm
Member No: #2303
Re Bluetooth in an RT3 and low signal level via the aux socket...
I bought a Topping NX1 Portable Audio Amp from Amazon to insert between an Aukey Bluetooth 4 phone interface and the Aux socket of my RT3 system.
Provided the phone volume is set to max this provides more than enough gain for mp3 playback from my Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini.
Obviously I have to select the Aux input to use the phone and listen to my phone music, but Traffic Announcements interrupt normally.
If I'm listening to the radio I have to switch back to Aux if the phone rings.
Re batteries, the Topping unit seems to last forever once charged (from a USB socket - cigarette socket with adapter). I keep it in the top compartment of the central armrest and have accidentally left it on overnight many times without running it flat! I keep the Aukey unit just in front of the handbrake control and routed the DC supply from one of the rear cigarette sockets. I routed the audio via a longish cable under the front passenger seat, under/along the edge of the lower front doorway trim, up the A pillar (with a couple of bits of tape to hold it) and into the glove compartment.
I'd probably be less happy to accept this compromise if I used the car every day, but without getting into more serious mods it does work.
pshawfocus   
Fri Oct 20 2017, 07:10am
Member No: #1322
Just ordered one of those Topping things on Amazon to improve the volume of sound going into the AUX from my iPhone (hope it arrives today before the weekend!!). I guess I'll have to change the phone ring settings otherwise if someone calls when I'm driving I'm gonna get deafened??

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club