Tue Mar 08 2016, 02:31pm
Member No: #2397
I'm still in.
FreakyFrenchFan   
Tue Mar 08 2016, 06:22pm
Member No: #2057
Leeant wrote ...

I'm still in.

Thank you Lee. I will confirm on Friday night whether this event is going to take place.
Trainman   
Tue Mar 08 2016, 06:45pm

Member No: #86
Simon,

Three C6 is still an impressive sight, Hattershaun, DHallworth and I drove 3 C6 through Buckingham, was still a head turner, we had people stopping and pointing, it looked like the French President was in town.
David Hallworth   
Wed Mar 09 2016, 09:43pm

Member No: #90
It's way to far for me to consider from Glasgow, however another thing to note is that a lot of people don't like following people when driving as keeping up, all of the convoy squeezing out of slip roads at the same time as each other etc. can become very difficult.

Some people also feel obliged to try and keep the convoy together which in a few other clubs I frequent has resulted in some dangerous driving manoeuvres etc.

A few friends of mine also believe that convoy driving is quite dangerous...

It's not fair to tar everyone with the same brush, that's all I'm saying

It's also a lot easier for me to justify going to a weekend event, stay the night, have a few beers etc then it is to travel a long way for a day time event.

Edit: Here's the picture that was taken of our convoy drive... (Photo credit to Mark Richards...)

David.
FreakyFrenchFan   
Thu Mar 10 2016, 05:58am
You make some fair points David. I wouldn't expect anyone to drive from a foreign country, as in your case, to join the convoy . Also with regard the dangers of convoy driving, I agree with most of what you say, however the convoy route will be on the motorway to try and alleviate many of the problems you raised. Really it's about using some common road sense. Even at 60mph in the left hand lane of the motorway the convoy may get temporarily separated, but it shouldnt require any dangerous manoeuvres to rectify things.
paulx19car   
Thu Mar 10 2016, 06:01pm
Member No: #2431
Hey whats that little badge thing under the Chevrons?
FreakyFrenchFan   
Thu Mar 10 2016, 06:20pm
To Leeant and E3steve. Sadly there seems to be only 3 of us. What are your views on doing this convoy with just 3 cars?
Leeant   
Thu Mar 10 2016, 10:44pm
Member No: #2397
As (I think) I would be travelling the furthest for this, I think I will have to say it's probably not going to be worth it for me if it is just the 3 cars.

I love driving my C6 and it would have been great to meet up with other enthusiasts. As I'm still having a few issues with my ABS/ESP it may be more sensible to put the money I would have spent on fuel on getting this problem sorted.

Simon, don't feel too down heartened by the response. The C6 by the nature of it being a rare sight in the UK means they are spread far and wide.
FreakyFrenchFan   
Fri Mar 11 2016, 06:26am
DUE TO LACK OF SUPPORT, THE CONVOY MEET IS OFF.

This is the first and last time I will try to arrange anything.

It seems to me, based on what I see in these forums, that most C6 Owners are too busy trying to fix their C6s to actually enjoy owning and driving them. Lol! There are two reasons why you don't see many on the road. One is that they are rare and the other is they are all up on the ramps getting fixed. Lol!
speedfix   
Fri Mar 11 2016, 09:12am
Member No: #1043
Sorry that the run will not happen after all your time on this.
Not the best time of the year for myself.
Grand children and classic cars etc make it a bad time for events so early in the year.

My C6 3.0 hdi has so far been the most reliable car with high speed handling and comfort that I have owned.
I bought the vehicle with all known faults at 96000 mls [shocks, crows feet, arb links, tyres] that I repaired myself with servicing once a year.
Car miles now at 105000, next year the belts pump etc will be carried out.

Still have my low mileage 2.2 c6 manual not used sitting in the garage in case the 3.0 was a dud, far from it.

PS. check all levels every two weeks, coolant level so far has never dropped from its original full level in two years, any drop will be a failing in the system to look for at once!
Trainman   
Fri Mar 11 2016, 04:18pm

Member No: #86
Leeant wrote ...

I love driving my C6 and it would have been great to meet up with other enthusiasts. As I'm still having a few issues with my ABS/ESP it may be more sensible to put the money I would have spent on fuel on getting this problem sorted.

Lee, there's a couple of us going to Barnoldswick tomorrow for cars and coffee, 10am at the Rolls Royce social club...... - Click Here -

I'll throw my diagnose in the boot, just in case.....
e3steve   
Fri Mar 11 2016, 05:14pm
Member No: #1163
FreakyFrenchFan wrote ...

To Leeant and E3steve. Sadly there seems to be only 3 of us. What are your views on doing this convoy with just 3 cars?
Sorry Simon, this didn't show up when I logged in this morning!

I'd have still made the trip, but I understand your frustration. Thanks for the heads-up.

Good weekend!!
e3steve   
Fri Mar 11 2016, 05:17pm
Member No: #1163
paulx19car wrote ...

Hey whats that little badge thing under the Chevrons?
Citroën Car Club, Paul...
drummond   
Fri Mar 18 2016, 11:48am
Member No: #238
I'm in the Traction Owners Club, and was (years ago) PIC the Surrey/ Sussex/ Hampshire section. There were about 50 people I corresponded with (told you it was a long time ago!) and for the five events in every summer, I had between 2 and 8 Tractions. Including mine.....

Christmas was different- we had 80 people at one of the dinners.

Don't despair, there are only about 750 C6 's around- there are more Tractions.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club