Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
FreakyFrenchFan   
Thu Mar 03 2016, 06:18am
Member No: #2057
e3steve wrote ...

Looking forward to it, Simon!

So far there are only three of us. Not enough for a convoy in my opinion.
FreakyFrenchFan   
Sat Mar 05 2016, 12:10pm
Seems most C6 owners have cars that are too poorly to do a convoy. That, or they have no interest in C6 social gatherings. Sorry to sound negative but I'm very disappointed with the take up on this convoy idea. So far we have just 3 firm entrants. COME ON YOU C6ers! Show some camaraderie!
furriegurrie   
Sat Mar 05 2016, 01:29pm
Member No: #2448
Could it be that they are just too spread out that it takes most people have to drive too far for things like this?
FreakyFrenchFan   
Sat Mar 05 2016, 03:09pm
furriegurrie wrote ...

Could it be that they are just too spread out that it takes most people have to drive too far for things like this?

No distance is too far in the comfort of a C6.
furriegurrie   
Sat Mar 05 2016, 06:23pm
Member No: #2448
Although that is certainly true, it might be that not everybody has the luxury to spend that much time in his/her C6 to travel the distance
FreakyFrenchFan   
Sun Mar 06 2016, 06:44am
furriegurrie wrote ...

Although that is certainly true, it might be that not everybody has the luxury to spend that much time in his/her C6 to travel the distance

No. It's either a case of "my C6 has cost me so much to fix that I now don't have enough money to put fuel in it" ! Or its "I simply can't be assed"
userpco   
Sun Mar 06 2016, 11:17am
Member No: #622
FreakyFrenchFan wrote ...

furriegurrie wrote ...

No. It's either a case of "my C6 has cost me so much to fix that I now don't have enough money to put fuel in it" ! Or its "I simply can't be assed"

In my case although the spirit is willing I'm afraid that the body is not up to it. A 2-3 hour trip is my daily maximum.
Hope to meet you at the finish of it goes ahead.
Peter
c6kev   
Sun Mar 06 2016, 01:57pm
Member No: #1508
It's a 5 hour return journey for me just to get to the start at Coventry from North Wales. Another 3 hours on top of that doesn't seem worthwhile just to follow a few cars down the motorway, turn around and come back!

However, an hour or so chinwagging with fellow owners at the Coventry start has its appeal. I'll be at the start for midday, but count me out of the convoy run.

Any other takers for the "farewell "party, or for the "reception " party at Slough for that matter?
FreakyFrenchFan   
Sun Mar 06 2016, 02:53pm
c6kev wrote ...

It's a 5 hour return journey for me just to get to the start at Coventry from North Wales. Another 3 hours on top of that doesn't seem worthwhile just to follow a few cars down the motorway, turn around and come back!

However, an hour or so chinwagging with fellow owners at the Coventry start has its appeal. I'll be at the start for midday, but count me out of the convoy run.

Any other takers for the "farewell "party, or for the "reception " party at Slough for that matter?

Surely if you are prepared to do a five hour return journey for an hour's chin wag at Coventry you may as well do the convoy too? It's nice that some are saying they will be present at the beginning or end of the convoy but the whole point of the convoy is to have lots of C6s in motion looking like a presidential motorcade. It will be an impressive visual spectacle. userpco says he is meeting the convoy at Slough
Trainman   
Sun Mar 06 2016, 10:15pm

Member No: #86

Or some of us are working, or some of us have other commitments.......... Simon, just remember we only got 22 to celebrate the 10th Anniversay....... just saying
e3steve   
Sun Mar 06 2016, 11:51pm
Member No: #1163
Trainman wrote ...

Or some of us are working, or some of us have other commitments.......... Simon, just remember we only got 22 to celebrate the 10th Anniversay....... just saying

FreakyFrenchFan   
Mon Mar 07 2016, 03:49am
Trainman wrote ...

I'll settle for 21 on the convoy then. Lol!
nouveaucitroenist   
Mon Mar 07 2016, 09:18pm
Member No: #2222
I'd love to have joined you guys on this but I'm taking my parents to Lille in mine this weekend.. I hope it all goes well for you.
Norman   
Tue Mar 08 2016, 06:52am
Member No: #364
And I'm in Spain at the moment sorry.
FreakyFrenchFan   
Tue Mar 08 2016, 09:47am
Unless we can get six cars minimum including my own, this convoy will be cancelled. The reason for six? C6 stands for convoy 6. LOL!
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club