C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Lexia partial comms only

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
e3steve   
Fri Jan 01 2016, 10:01am
Member No: #1163
Well, I finally got my Lexia interface 'sort of' working. It had no comms at all with C6Steve. Neither would it communicate with a mate's Dispatch.

Earlier this week I decided to pull the interface box apart and have a gander at the PCB under a bright light; it didn't take my second pair of glasses to spot the problem: all the solder joints between the OBD-side cable's Molex connector had parted from the PCB, all along one side! I re-soldered these then re-flowed all the joints along the other side and re-assembled the interface box.

I now have partial comms with my car, with dialogue to & from the Injection and Suspension ECUs only. No other dialogue is present, a glaring NO in the dialogue column for all other ECUs, including BSI! The Suspension ECU reports <steering angle sensor, no communication>; the Injection 'fault' column just shows '?'.

I've tried my Lexia with the in-laws' P206SW, here in France, and full comms is possible, with Lexia reporting back the vehicle's VIN and showing comms with all of the ECUs that are present -- the ignition key doesn't even need to be on. I get no VIN back from C6Steve...

It has worked in the past, and communications have been successful before now with the Solus Ultra and the Autel that I have access to. I have to wait until I get back to UK before I can try the Solus again.

I've had the BSI (fuse box C in the glovebox) apart on the bench; it's very well made and protected by a heavy coating of lacquer; no poor soldering is obvious here!

I guess it'll need to be sent to BSI Repairs when I get home...

I located a secondhand C6 BSI, here in France, for €40, but the seller doesn't have the engine ECU to which it's matched. Nor does he have the owner's personal code card. Thus it's useless to anyone who buys it...

€40 for a few fuses, then.

e3steve   
Fri Jan 01 2016, 10:05am
Post became duplicated somehow; doesn't seem to be a <Delete Post> option...
ul9601   
Wed Jan 03 2018, 09:00am
Member No: #1975
Hi Steve,
I know it's a bit of thread resurrection but did you get it sorted?
I have a similar issue - I'm trying to get the height setting adjusted but it won't communicate with BSI so I'm not going anywhere at the moment. Tried on Diagbox and it picked up suspension ECU only but nothing else - funnily enough, when I started the car it gave me ASR/ESP error (which disappeared on subsequent start up).

I know my Lexia is good, both the software and the hardware - actually I should say they "were" good, as I could communicate when I tried a few months ago.
I don't know if it's related but the OBD connector in the centre console is a bit wobbly (in fore-aft direction)...

I can't find it in the search at the moment but I do remember a thread about the connector there had some soldering fault (was it your problem in the above post, or was it Lexia cable connector?)
Cheers
e3steve   
Wed Jan 03 2018, 08:01pm
ul9601 wrote ...

Hi Steve,
I know it's a bit of thread resurrection but did you get it sorted?
I have a similar issue - I'm trying to get the height setting adjusted but it won't communicate with BSI so I'm not going anywhere at the moment. Tried on Diagbox and it picked up suspension ECU only but nothing else - funnily enough, when I started the car it gave me ASR/ESP error (which disappeared on subsequent start up).

One thing I discovered, with hattershaun’s and Robert’s help (Robert at BL Autos), is that there is possibly a problem with my older interface cable. It’s believed that it can only be associated with one or two instances of Lexia/DiagBox installations or PCs before it refuses to communicate.

I’d found the need to ‘rebuild’ my little WinXP laptop a couple of times, needing to re-install the software each time.

I bought another interface kit and software and it gave me some success with the (now sold) 2.7, and full comms with the 3.

ul9601 wrote ...

I know my Lexia is good, both the software and the hardware - actually I should say they "were" good, as I could communicate when I tried a few months ago.
I don't know if it's related but the OBD connector in the centre console is a bit wobbly (in fore-aft direction)...

I can't find it in the search at the moment but I do remember a thread about the connector there had some soldering fault (was it your problem in the above post, or was it Lexia cable connector?)
Cheers

The OBD-II ports tend to be a bit wobbly, but they electrically connect well enough.

The soldering issue was with the interface cable/box, so your box might be worth taking apart and checking; mine was the soldering between the PCB and the Molex-type connector attached to it.
ul9601   
Wed Jan 03 2018, 08:23pm
Member No: #1975
e3steve wrote ...

The OBD-II ports tend to be a bit wobbly, but they electrically connect well enough.

The soldering issue was with the interface cable/box, so your box might be worth taking apart and checking; mine was the soldering between the PCB and the Molex-type connector attached to it.

I would be disappointed if it was the Lexia cable/box as they were from ukdiagnostics(?) at top price... I have a Chinese job from AliExpress I bought a while ago so I'll try that one as well.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club