Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

In Praise of Tyre Pressure Monitors

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
gmerry   
Thu May 16 2013, 07:50am
Member No: #21
Hi all, here is the plus side.

Recently driving down to Glasgow on a Friday evening, full load and with a fairly tight appointment to make at the other end.

At Perth, tyre pressure warning came up on Alarms, Service etc, so pulled into service station and checked all pressures. Only 25psi left rear. Inflated back to loaded spec pressure, continued on journey keeping the screen on page 1 of the Trip menu. All Good. Next morning, car was at a funny angle, left rear tyre was completely flat so obviously related to yesterday's incident. Decided to replace with spare wheel. This was fitted and the TPMS immediately recognised the sensor in the spare and back to 4 greens on the screen.

Back at home, pulled out the flat spare and found a large shard of metal, about 8mm diameter, penetrating into the tyre. Too close to the tread shoulder to be repaired.

Anyway for me, I intend to keep the TPMS system working, winter and summer.

Regards

G
C6Dave   
Thu May 16 2013, 08:33am

Member No: #1
Unlike the DS of old, I somehow don't think the C6 will run at all well on 3 wheels
Website
eduardomaio   
Thu May 16 2013, 09:32am
Member No: #869
The sensors are very useful. They give good information, in Lexia you can check the tyre temperature and pressure as well.

Dave, check this from Fifth Gear - Click Here -
Website
nickyg   
Thu May 16 2013, 08:14pm
Member No: #100
Good stuff! Am glad that they fulfilled their purpose, and proves they do provide a certain peace of mind.

I have none on my wheels, only the stock wheels, which I use in winter.

Certainly must investigate how to get them set up with TPMS working. Perhaps at the same time as a refurbishment would be appropriate.

Nicky
Dapprman   
Fri May 17 2013, 10:37pm
Member No: #710
C6Dave wrote ...

Unlike the DS of old, I somehow don't think the C6 will run at all well on 3 wheels

Watch the 5th Gear review of it - Tiff Needel drives it on three wheels after they rig one to 'be shot out' - you can find it on YouTube
e3steve   
Sat May 18 2013, 01:14pm
Member No: #1163
eduardomaio wrote ...

The sensors are very useful. They give good information, in Lexia you can check the tyre temperature and pressure as well.

Dave, check this from Fifth Gear - Click Here -
That's my car! They shot at my car!!
smihaialex   
Sat May 18 2013, 04:35pm
Member No: #1031
TPMS is awesome, even if a bit expensive to maintain - I have it on both my 17" Rivazza winter wheels, as well as the 18" Roccastrada summer wheels, and I have a spare sensor that I'm thinking of fitting to the spare wheel

Cheerios,
Sam
drummond   
Mon May 20 2013, 08:20am
Member No: #238
e3steve, I drove your car a couple of years ago, whilst it was in Taplow.
eduardomaio   
Mon May 20 2013, 09:26am
Member No: #869
e3steve wrote ...

That's my car! They shot at my car!!

Awesome, your car was driven by Tiff and Tom!
Website
gmerry   
Sun Dec 20 2015, 08:47pm
Well my car, the wife's and 25 other cars in the neighbourhood were all targeted by some nutter with a sharp tyre piercing implement resulting in slow punctures. At first I thought I was just unlucky... luckily the tyre pressure monitors alerted me to TWO punctures on the one side of the car.

Beware
G
RNJ   
Sun Dec 20 2015, 10:05pm
Member No: #2091
Is the spare tyre fitted with a pressure sensor as standard?
gmerry   
Sun Dec 20 2015, 11:03pm
No

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club