C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Front passenger's seatbelt/weight sensors

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Paulius   
Sun Dec 06 2015, 10:35pm
Member No: #1821
I bought a C6 not too long ago and I am really proud of it!
But I might have found a fault with it. I think that either the front passenger's seatbelt sensor is "stuck fastened" or the seat weight sensor is stuck "unseated", because it never shows any warnings regarding front passenger's seatbelt fastening. Could anyone give me some tips on how I could check them out?
And, by the way, does rear seats have any weight sensors at all? Because it seems to show warnings even if there are no rear passengers at all.
Thanks!
e3steve   
Mon Dec 07 2015, 07:29am
Member No: #1163
No weight sensors in the rear seats; just change-of-state switches in the buckle latches. The warning system only alerts you if a belt is unlatched after it's been inserted.
Norman   
Mon Dec 07 2015, 11:43am
Member No: #364
mine tells me when someone is sat in any of the seats and that the seat belt is fastened or not i'm always telling the grandkids to buckle up in the rear seats and the better half as the alarm gets progressivly louder1
Paulius   
Mon Dec 07 2015, 12:31pm
Member No: #1821
Norman, are you sure that it only alerts you about the back seatbelts if someone is actually sitting there? And does your car have Lounge Seats? Maybe only the TGV seats have those weight sensors.

And I am still looking for some tips on how I could check that front passenger's "weight" sensor out. I wonder, is it difficult to take the front passenger's seat apart enough to get access to the weight sensor?
e3steve   
Mon Dec 07 2015, 02:54pm
Member No: #1163
Paulius wrote ...

Norman, are you sure that it only alerts you about the back seatbelts if someone is actually sitting there? And does your car have Lounge Seats? Maybe only the TGV seats have those weight sensors.

And I am still looking for some tips on how I could check that front passenger's "weight" sensor out. I wonder, is it difficult to take the front passenger's seat apart enough to get access to the weight sensor?
Mine has the Lounge Pack (TGV seats). There are no (audible) warnings unless the seatbelt is unlatched once the engine is running...

My C5 was the same.

The warning light system remains illuminated for a short period after the engine is started, purely as a reminder to the occupants.
David K   
Mon Dec 07 2015, 09:59pm
Member No: #42
This is something you can change in the Lexia/Diagbox system. There are for example possibilities to take away the annoying warning sign for that no-one has buckled the seat belts in the back seat, even though no-one is sitting there.
You can also activate or deactivate the weight sensor in the passenger seat, but I don't remember where and how to do it unfortunately.
gmerry   
Tue Dec 08 2015, 07:47am
Member No: #21
Hi David, do you remember how to deactivate the rear seatbelt "not fastened" warning/

Thanks
G
Norman   
Wed Dec 09 2015, 12:21pm
Member No: #364
When the better half sits in the front and doesn't buckle up the alarm gets progressivly louder until she does,
The grandkids when sat in the back activate the weight sensors in the back and the display tells me which belts are buckled and which isn't but there is no audible warning which if there was would be irritating as the dog sits in the back and activates the sensor, and no i don't have the lounge pack just the armrest hole for the ski's.

regards,
Norman
a_rubs   
Thu Mar 16 2023, 06:00pm
Member No: #4961
Greetings to all.

I have a problem with my C6.
Driver's seat belt unfastened signal does not work.
What could be the problem?

Best regards,
Andriy
a_rubs   
Fri Mar 24 2023, 06:13pm
Member No: #4961
The problem is solved. Thank you all.
cruiserphil   
Mon Mar 27 2023, 01:42pm

Member No: #38
Hello Andriy,

What solved the problem?

Best regards,

Phil C.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club