C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Introduce yourself

At last! Got the C6 of my dreams!

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Paulius   
Wed Dec 02 2015, 11:09pm
Member No: #1821
I was looking to buy a Citroen C6 for ages, but it was a very difficult task to find one that is both not to expensive (it cost me 6000 Euros) and in quite a good nick. Other requirements were that it had to have a sunroof, electrically adjustable steering wheel, RT4 NaviDrive and, of course, be of Exclusive spec. For such money I managed to find a 2008-08 C6 2.7HDi with 225K kilometres on the clock.
I am 100% sure it never had any accidents, it is pristine underneath, inside and out and it drives very well. Everything works, not errors,..until I came back home with it. Now the check engine light lights up and stays lit unil I start the engine, then it goes out. I don't think it's going to be serious stuff, maybe something emmisions related. Anyways, here are some photos of it:
David Hallworth   
Thu Dec 03 2015, 08:42pm

Member No: #90
The check engine light will always be on permanently with the ignition switched to position II.

As soon as the engine starts it should go out.

If there's a problem the light will be on solid when you have the engine running and a message will appear on the screen telling you that there's a fault.

David.
Paulius   
Sat Feb 06 2016, 12:46pm
Member No: #1821
So far it's doing really good!
What I've done to/with it so far:
1 partial gearbox oil change (fuchs 4400)
engine oil change (total 5w30)
oil, fuel, air and interior air filters changed
vehicle height calibration
rear-left hydraulic cylinder with amvar changed, because faulty amvar was making that wheel stiff

things I'm looking to do in the coming months:
change timing belt and all the things that go with it
do *something* because, when cold, there is a "cracking" sound from, I guess, some generator's belt pulley, comes from the right side of the car. Definitely not the engine itself.

things I'll have to do sometime in the future:
replace turbo(s), because there's a developing turbo whistle at 1.5k rpm
replace rear 'concave' window, because there is a crack in the inner glass layer (it's a laminated window). The seller is supplying me with a second hand window, but it is going to be a pain (?) to replace it, because there are rubber seals, etc. Not looking forward tothis one.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club