C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Ice / USB Box / Telephone problems

Upgrade the JBL system for iPod and Bluetooth

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Andimac101   
Sat Nov 28 2015, 11:45am
Member No: #2380
I have the JBL system, RT4?, anyway it has no Bluetooth, no iPod connection etc. Researching options I have to add these and avoiding a completely new system, I've read about the Dension pro interface. The small print suggests that this works on the c6 but not the JBL- is this true?, has anybody tried it? Does it not work completely?

If this is the case what are my options to install a Bluetooth phone interface and an adapter for an iPod using the steering wheel control etc.?
paulx19car   
Sun Dec 20 2015, 07:34am
Member No: #2431
Did anyone find an answer to this question? I'm going to need a similar fix
C6Dave   
Sun Dec 20 2015, 08:21am

Member No: #1
You could possibly simply use Mirascripts to enable the output on the back of the head unit and plug a cable in to allow an iPhone or USB stick to play music through the system.

There is a thread on it.
Website
e3steve   
Sun Dec 20 2015, 09:25am
Member No: #1163
Forum member Rich (Baxter) posted on here about a Parrot kit that did everything needed. It's now in Colin's (colinc) ownership. I collected the car from Rich in Bournemouth and kept it at mine for a few weeks, here in Southampton, until Colin was able to get to me from South Shields.

The installation was lovely; it was discreet and sounded pretty good via the RT3.

I'll see if I can find the posts from Rich...
paulx19car   
Sun Dec 20 2015, 09:28am
Member No: #2431
Don't know if it matters but mine is a JBl.
e3steve   
Sun Dec 20 2015, 09:53am
paulx19car wrote ...

Don't know if it matters but mine is a JBl.
Paul, only the amp(s) and speakers are James Bullough Lansing -- JBL is now owned by the Harman (Kardon) company, btw. The head units: RT3 & RT4, at least, are Magnetti Marelli, and the CD changer (RT3) is Clarion.
e3steve   
Sun Dec 20 2015, 09:55am
e3steve wrote ...

Forum member Rich (Baxter) posted on here about a Parrot kit that did everything needed. It's now in Colin's (colinc) ownership. I collected the car from Rich in Bournemouth and kept it at mine for a few weeks, here in Southampton, until Colin was able to get to me from South Shields.

The installation was lovely; it was discreet and sounded pretty good via the RT3.

I'll see if I can find the posts from Rich...

Found it:
- Click Here -

but no images (yet).

Read and digest, I suggest, in order to avoid certain mistakes...

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club