C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Tyre pressure monitor problem

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
RNJ   
Wed Nov 25 2015, 04:38pm
Member No: #2091
I purchased my 2007 C6 2.7Hdi Exclusive (RT3 navigation) in March this year. The car came with one set of original wheels fitted with pressure monitors and winter tires. Everything was OK with the pressure monitor system.

I purchased a brand new set of original wheels with pressure monitors and summer tires. They were fitted and programmed by the garage and everything worked OK.

I have recently switched back to the winter wheels and have gotten a problem with the tyre pressure monitor system. I do not get any pop-up warnings or the “SERVICE” indicator but when looking at the on-board computer, there is a vertical flashing amber line at each wheel. The green “OK” is gone but I get no “Stop” or “!” icon (see photo). All of the wheel have a pressure of 2.5 bar .

Is this caused by the car not recognizing the type pressure sensors any more? Since the winter wheels were last fitted (and everything worked fine) the RT3 screen and head unit have been replaced. Could that be related to the problem?

Any advice is very much appreciated!

Cisco   
Wed Nov 25 2015, 05:06pm
Member No: #1429
When the pressure monitoring system is switched off via Diagbox or lexia the symbol you have shown is what you see.

It may be that your monitoring system has been reset/disabled when you changed the head unit. A check with diagbox/lexia will confirm this and it may be that you only need to enable it for it to work correctly again.
gmerry   
Wed Nov 25 2015, 05:39pm
Member No: #21
Hi RNJ, the garage that programmed the new wheels (tyre pressure transmitters) may well have deleted a set of previous transmitters. The Tyre pressure monitoring ECU has a limit of two sets of tyre pressure sensors (with spares? I can't quite remember). I'm thinking that a 2007 car used in Norway may have gone through several sets of wheels / tyre pressure transmitters at this age. How many previous owners? Can you contact the previous owner(s)?

The RT3 unit is an entirely different ECU so this is likely a red herring.

You will need a Lexia / Diagbox session to figure out what is stored in the ECU. You may need to reprogramme the winter tyres/transmitters. This may also require a special tyre transmitter tool so Lexia on its own may not be sufficient.

The only thing I could suggest that you could do is to flatten one tyre and see if the system responds. You could also refit two summer tyres and check that the system is still working.

Regards
G
RNJ   
Thu Nov 26 2015, 08:27am
Member No: #2091
Thank you very much for the replies. I will have the garage look into it as I do not yet have a Lexia / Diagbox.
Tjensen   
Thu Nov 26 2015, 01:05pm
Member No: #954
Many older threads on this. Gmerry is probably right. Think there is a capacity of 9 (4 Winter, 4 summer,1 spare) and deleting old codes are probaly quite standard.
The C6 Technology is old (early TPMS) but new Technology (CUB Universal) can mimic the previous ones. My tyre supplier did this, so now my car think it is 4 original TPMS valves, but it is actually 8 new ones (codes copied) and no Lexia necessary.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club