C6 transmission problem

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Balki   
Mon Nov 16 2015, 12:41pm
Member No: #2390
Hi and what a great forum this is.
I need a little help as i have encountered a strange fault with the transmission my C6 is a 2.7 hdi 6 speed am6 tf-80 etc

when at a constant speed on flat graound not accerlerating or decelarating i have a small jerk every roughly 15 seconds, it feels as if the engine coughs, anyway i have discovered it doesnt happen if i have the transmision in manual mode which then makes me think the transmission feels as if it wants to change gear then realizes that its in the correct gear already hence giving the hesitation like miss in the drive line, has anyone come across this, i have read many sites talking about this gearbox but no one having this fault, transmission was power flush with correct oil 30,000kms ago
Cisco   
Mon Nov 16 2015, 01:13pm
Member No: #1429
Hi Balki,

I think the first thing to do is to change the fluid (again?) to see if it sorts your problem, checking also for any evidence of leakage.

It's a fairly easy procedure to change the fluid and detailed instructions are given in the download tech doc "mechanic's guide"

Follow the instructions carefully though or you may end up with a litre of transmission fluid on your driveway
Hattershaun   
Mon Nov 16 2015, 02:33pm
Member No: #320
This could be one or both of the EGR valves failing.

I experienced this 'jerkiness' at about 1750rpm.
Balki   
Tue Nov 17 2015, 02:32am
If its the egr then why does putting it in manual mode fix it, and thankyou all for the fast response
dsharples   
Wed Nov 25 2015, 10:43pm
Member No: #119
I must admit, these are the exact same symptoms as I get. When in manual, I can't make the car hesitate @ 1750ish RPM when it does it auto. I can also feel the car go to change, and then begin to hesitate. Local Citroen Dealer says "no faults on Lexia". However, Shaun could still be correct. it could be a symptom of the clutches engaging at c. 1750RPM, that changes the load on the engine, that then triggers the hesitation due to sticky/clogged EGR valves. Some even suspect that this could be the car's most economical engine range, so its very lean - for emissions testing purposes... ahem... I'm at 89k miles, but always run on premium diesel.

Also, my transmission seems to not like applying too much clutch any more when I suddenly apply throttle from no throttle in 3rd and 4th gears - like if you go for a gap at a roundabout when you have been previously slowing - I get a real mechanical shunt, as if the gear is being engaged without any clutch..

Fluid double-changed this last year... made no difference..
Under light and heavy acceleration, the gearbox is otherwise very smooth...
Balki   
Thu Nov 26 2015, 11:38am
I have ordered some egr blanks and see if that helps at all, will post back with results

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club