C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Towing and Roof Boxes

Towing mirrors

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
blackhatphil   
Mon Sep 21 2015, 07:52am
Member No: #882
I know this is a long shot - but has anyone ever fitted towing mirrors for caravan/trailer towing? I know there are many designs out there and most are "universal" but as my C6 mirrors, like most, fold in when locking I don't want to risk breaking anything (normal mirror, towing mirror or god forbid, door window) when I lock up.

I know it is possible to stop the mirrors from folding and that may be my last resort...

Thanks
Phil
Hattershaun   
Mon Sep 21 2015, 08:25am
Member No: #320
I use add-on mirrors when I'm towing.
They stay on when the car locks and the normal mirrors fold in, this all works OK, so no need to remove.
You need to check this is the case with your mirrors though, depends what sort you have.
Suggest you lock your car, so mirrors are folded in and then hold the towing mirrors in place to see if there will be enough space for them.
blackhatphil   
Mon Sep 21 2015, 10:02pm
Member No: #882
Hattershaun wrote ...

I use add-on mirrors when I'm towing.
They stay on when the car locks and the normal mirrors fold in, this all works OK, so no need to remove.
You need to check this is the case with your mirrors though, depends what sort you have.
Suggest you lock your car, so mirrors are folded in and then hold the towing mirrors in place to see if there will be enough space for them.

What make are your mirrors and would you recommend them?
Hattershaun   
Tue Sep 22 2015, 01:16pm
Member No: #320
There's no manufacturer marking on my mirrors.

Having lost a mirror recently whilst driving along, I'm looking to replace with a different style of mirror; ones with elastic bungy straps that go around the whole mirror for added security.

There's plenty of choice on eBay.

awright1707   
Tue Sep 22 2015, 10:37pm
Member No: #2226
Hi, I tow with Milenco Aero mirrors, as previously mentioned no problems with clearances when folded back.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club