C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Ice / USB Box / Telephone problems

CD Stuck

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Jodyone   
Sun Aug 30 2015, 01:33pm
Member No: #1240
The Navidrive CD is stuck in my RT3 head unit, and is not being read. Occasionally an alert flashes onto the screen- "Identifying disc..."- then nothing happens. It's been like this for a few weeks, though it has happened once or twice over the last year or so and fixed itself. Never for so long though. The disc is one that I wrote on a PC, not an original. However, it's worked fine for a couple of years.

I've tried:

-Long-pressing the eject button (every kind of press I can think of)
-Rebooting the system (long pressing the "dark" button) - I tried this 5 times in a row following some advice I found on a Peugeot forum...
-holding down eject while rebooting
-Looking for some commands (eject disc, etc) in Lexia- couldn't find anything

I'm out of ideas now. Any thoughts?
C6Dave   
Sun Aug 30 2015, 04:21pm

Member No: #1
Leave the car in the shade and let everything cool down. Sometimes the unit gets hot and won't eject the disc.

Letting it cool down might work, you have nothing to loose.
Website
Jodyone   
Sun Aug 30 2015, 04:36pm
Hmm thanks Dave but it's no better at 6am in the cornish summer (cloud, mist, rain..)!
Trainman   
Sun Aug 30 2015, 05:21pm

Member No: #86
How long has it been going on?

I had this once, left it a few days and then kept stabbing the eject button once at various times and it came out, I'm wondering if the disc is actually sitting correctly in the head unit?
Jodyone   
Sun Aug 30 2015, 10:13pm
It's been at least a few weeks now. I absentmindedly stab at the eject button occasionally when I'm driving, but nothing has happened. No seek/read noises, and the Nav button just shows position data.

I think it might be in there for good, or until I disassemble it (could be the same thing). A shame, because I like using the 2D in car map for an overview of where I am, with directions coming from a conventional 3D map on my phone.

I guess there's no secret little eject button like on computers..?

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club