C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Ice / USB Box / Telephone problems

Playing your own music

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
C6Chester   
Mon Aug 10 2015, 01:20pm
Member No: #2287
Hi there everyone, I've just picked up a Citroen C6 (2007 2.7 Lignage) in the past few days - I'm 23 and have dreamt of having one ever since I saw them on Top Gear when I was about 16 - finally my dream came true and I managed to find a sensibly priced one for sale in the north of England!

Anyways, its been an absolute dream so far, but one thing I'd like to know is how I can play my own music in the C6? I've always just used an Aux lead into the radio in my previous cars but the C6 doesn't seem to have one of those - can I just pick up one of those ones that plug into the cigarette lighter to play my iPod through the radio?

Any help would be greatly appreciated =)
magicands   
Mon Aug 10 2015, 05:57pm
Member No: #1021
There is an AUX box in the glovebox, you can plug an ipod or MP3 player into that.
Website
JPV   
Mon Aug 10 2015, 10:09pm
Member No: #606
There is not one in ours
Trainman   
Tue Aug 11 2015, 07:37pm

Member No: #86
I think it depends on whether you have Satnav or not, RD4 (I don't think comes with an AUX box)........ I might be wrong though.

Incidently, Sam, nice to see another C6 in the North West, I'm just outside Preston but work in Warrington.
C6Chester   
Tue Aug 11 2015, 10:10pm
Trainman wrote ...

I think it depends on whether you have Satnav or not, RD4 (I don't think comes with an AUX box)........ I might be wrong though.

Incidently, Sam, nice to see another C6 in the North West, I'm ust outside Preston but work in Warrington.

Thanks for the welcome! I've never seen another C6 around here, part of the reason I love them so much!

And you are correct, my edition doesn't have a Sat Nav, nor the Aux box in the glovebox unfortunately.
C6Chester   
Wed Aug 12 2015, 12:24pm
Does anybody know if those devices where you plug in your iPod and then tune to an FM station work with the C6?

Dan595   
Wed Aug 12 2015, 03:23pm
Member No: #299
C6Chester wrote ...

Does anybody know if those devices where you plug in your iPod and then tune to an FM station work with the C6?

No reason why they shouldn't work as well/badly as they do in other cars.

Depending on the audio spec. in your car, you may be able to fit a cable that mimics a CD changer and gives you an audio jack. May need to be activated via Lexia. Or you can go the 'USB box' route but that costs a bit more.
magicands   
Wed Aug 12 2015, 04:41pm
Member No: #1021
C6Chester wrote ...

Yes they work fine but you will need a cigar lighter extension thanks to "Citroen" making there's different to everybody else!
I use the Belkin Tunecast, available in various models.
Website
C6Dave   
Wed Aug 12 2015, 06:08pm

Member No: #1
On a 2007 car your not going to have RT5 which is the only unit you can upgrade via 'Mirascripts' then add a cable to give USB support.

For anything else the best option is a Citroen USB Box or an Xcarlink device.
Website
C6Chester   
Wed Aug 12 2015, 07:46pm
magicands wrote ...

C6Chester wrote ...

Yes they work fine but you will need a cigar lighter extension thanks to "Citroen" making there's different to everybody else!
I use the Belkin Tunecast, available in various models.

Thanks for this. I think this is probably my best option - I'm pretty useless with tech so a lot of the more advanced stuff is way beyond me whilst paying £200 to have a USB box fitted to my car so I can listen to my own music isn't really plausible after I just wiped out every penny of my savings to buy the car!
verycleverman   
Wed Aug 12 2015, 07:51pm
Member No: #65
C6Dave wrote ...

On a 2007 car your not going to have RT5 which is the only unit you can upgrade via 'Mirascripts' then add a cable to give USB support.

My 2007 has RT4; I fitted a USB cable from ebay.fr and enabled with Mirascripts. It works fine with memory sticks, including SD cards in a reader. Such a pity it won't work with my ipod.

Pete.
e3steve   
Fri Aug 14 2015, 07:24am
Member No: #1163
Colin's (colinc) '56-with-RT3 car has a Parrot Bluetooth device which was beautifully fitted by a company in Bournemouth whilst the car was in Rich Baxter's (Rich) ownership.

It's handsfree phone connection, streams music from an iShit device and has a 32-pin iPod connector in the glove box for non-Bluetooth devices.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club