Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
ststech   
Thu Aug 27 2015, 01:09am
Member No: #1845
hi
my c6 has just registered a fault code today b1114
i cleared fault and tried car tonight and found the ns headlamp dip beam flickering,
i tapped the headlamp unit with my hand and the ns headlamp went out and wouldnt come back on until i turned lights on and off

anyone any ideas

also what is involved in changing the hid bulb if it needs changing and where can they be bought reasonable price from

thanks in advance

CORPRO : headlamp height adjuster / directional headlamp
Response data
R61809652076080002A9660983180020001000D0149951499

State of the ECU: PROJECTEURS
Reference 1 : 9660983180
Reference 2 :
Faults present : 1

B1114 : bulb not in service fault
Characterisation : Not characterised
Variables associated with the fault
Website
gbl   
Thu Aug 27 2015, 03:29am
Member No: #936
Here is a good C6 HID bulb replacement guide from a Norwegian website. I followed it step by step, and it worked for me. This is the English language version:

- Click Here -

Left-hand side has reasonable room for replacing the HID bulb. I did the right-hand side while the LDS tank was out anyway, which created plenty of room. Maybe just loosening the tank and pulling it away will help.

While you are in there, take the opportunity to replace also the small bulbs: W5W (front) and WY5W (side).
e3steve   
Thu Aug 27 2015, 07:12am
Member No: #1163
gbl wrote ...

I did the right-hand side while the LDS tank was out anyway, which created plenty of room. Maybe just loosening the tank and pulling it away will help.
The LDS tank cannot be just pulled out of the way. I made the mistake of trying that on my C5, dumping the fluid into the wheel arch in the process!

There's a hose connected to the bottom of the tank, and the spigot for said hose peeps through an aperture in the under-bonnet bodywork. That aperture is just the right size for the locating flange around the spigot, but the rubber hose and its clip are too big to go through!

If the tank is lifted, without draining it and removing the hose first, then the hose can pull off or, worse, the spigot could break off...

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club