Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Parking sensor failure - any quick checks one can do?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
chrisisbd   
Wed Aug 26 2015, 09:00am
Member No: #2258
The parking sensors on our 2010 2.2 litre C6 don't work. It simply gives a "Parking Sensor Failure" message on the display when the ignition is turned on. Are there any really obvious things to check?
C6Dave   
Wed Aug 26 2015, 11:04am

Member No: #1
Get someone to put their hand over each sensor in turn to see which one is faulty, you need the help as the car needs to be in reverse with your foot on the brake to test the rears.
Website
cruiserphil   
Wed Aug 26 2015, 04:42pm

Member No: #38
Chrisisbd,

You may also need to interrogate with Diagbox/Lexia to determine the actual fault. The fact that the car recognises a failure means that there should be useful fault data sourced.

Best regards,

Phil C.
magicands   
Wed Aug 26 2015, 05:13pm
Member No: #1021
You should also listen to the sensors as they give off a slight clicking sound when functioning correctly - I would suggest that no noise equals no sensor!
Website
chrisisbd   
Fri Sep 11 2015, 11:40am
>
> Get someone to put their hand over each sensor in turn to see which one is faulty, you need the help as the car needs to be in reverse with your foot on the brake to test the rears.
[/quote1441971561]

How will that help? Nothing works so I don't see what this will do exactly?
chrisisbd   
Fri Sep 11 2015, 11:42am
cruiserphil wrote ...

Chrisisbd,

You may also need to interrogate with Diagbox/Lexia to determine the actual fault. The fact that the car recognises a failure means that there should be useful fault data sourced.

Best regards,

Phil C.

Thanks, I think some sort of diagnostic box is going to be my next stop. Are there any threads/discussions of this (diagnostic boxes) hereabouts?
C6Dave   
Fri Sep 11 2015, 01:48pm

Member No: #1
chrisisbd wrote ...

How will that help? Nothing works so I don't see what this will do exactly?

It will tell you if the sensors are vibrating or not.......

Also pull the radio head unit out and check that the plugs are inserted correctly as if not, the parking senors are deactivated
Website
frozenbeard81   
Sun Feb 07 2016, 11:44pm
Member No: #2503
I also have this issue as well. Did you get it sorted in the end?
Cisco   
Mon Feb 13 2017, 09:20am
Member No: #1429
Hi Guys,

In the case above, if you do a global search on Diagbox, any faults on the parking system sensors will be specifically identified e.g. "Right Inner Rear" sensor - with a visual representation of the situation.

At this time you can check each sensor even though the system is disabled outside of Diagbox. Once you replace the faulty sensor(s) the system will automatically re-enable itself.

ATB Frank
Ungarsee   
Tue Feb 14 2017, 06:42pm
Member No: #1407
Just got mine back from bl autos who found the cause of my failed parking sensors was water getting into the spare wheel well and surrounding area where the control module is. Worth checking to see if you're taking on water
Norman   
Mon Feb 20 2017, 12:01pm
Member No: #364
I have a similar problem my parking sensors turn them selves off intermittently and i have to push the sensor button on the dashboard but there is nothing on the onboard diagnostics so i will keep monitering.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club