Interchange C6 - C5 suspension parts

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Paschal   
Fri Aug 21 2015, 04:27pm
Member No: #375
Hi Guys,

I'm looking at replacing a left front suspension strut and a rear anti roll bar before attempting repairs I thought that I might find some at the breakers. As the current C5 Hydro is supposedly based on C6 and the parts look very similar and the part numbers are nearly the same I thought I was in luck when I found a good C5 Exclusive for breaking. Does anyone know if the parts are actually interchangeable.
gbl   
Fri Aug 21 2015, 05:17pm
Member No: #936
Paschal wrote ...

Hi Guys,

I'm looking at replacing a left front suspension strut and a rear anti roll bar before attempting repairs I thought that I might find some at the breakers. As the current C5 Hydro is supposedly based on C6 and the parts look very similar and the part numbers are nearly the same I thought I was in luck when I found a good C5 Exclusive for breaking. Does anyone know if the parts are actually interchangeable.

No C5's are equipped with variable damping (AMVAR). So you can not use a C5 front suspension cylinder for a C6 2.7 HDi.
Paschal   
Fri Aug 21 2015, 05:56pm
Member No: #375
Thanks gbl,

Just to ensure that I am understanding you correctly. I take it that you mean that none of the C5 models have AMVAR, which the C6 has as part of it's hydractive 3+.
C6Dave   
Fri Aug 21 2015, 05:58pm

Member No: #1
The C5 struts will possibly be OK for C6 2.2 as they have a limited variation of Hydractive.
Website
gbl   
Fri Aug 21 2015, 06:09pm
Member No: #936
Paschal wrote ...

Thanks gbl,

Just to ensure that I am understanding you correctly. I take it that you mean that none of the C5 models have AMVAR, which the C6 has as part of it's hydractive 3+.

Yes, that is correct - no C5's with AMVAR. All C6's, except the 2.2 HDi, have AMVAR.
You can recognize the AMVAR equipped front suspension cylinders by the electrical connector on top.
viorelovidiu   
Sun Apr 16 2017, 09:41am
Member No: #2684
That electrical connector on top is removable! It can be moved on non amvar cylinder? I see that non amvar has a removable nut on top.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club