C6owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: Members Get Togethers and Events

10th Anniversary Gathering Feedback

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Trainman   
Mon Aug 17 2015, 02:51pm

Member No: #86
I said over the weekend that I would open a feedback page, so here's your chance to tell both David and I, what was good, bad, missed.........

We're not going to take offense so please be honest........
FreakyFrenchFan   
Mon Aug 17 2015, 09:56pm
Member No: #2057
My thoughts on the C6 bash. Great idea holding the event at a location reasonably central. This makes an event accessible to the greatest number of people. Even more central would be in the Nottingham area.

Excellent venue. Made sense holding the event somewhere with attractions in addition to the cars. People that love cars often have an interest in other modes of transport so any venue that caters for this is always a good idea.

Also the hard standing was appreciated. Nothing worse than spending hours prepping a car only for it to be ruined in seconds in a muddy field. I'm not sure the two day format is ideal. While it gives people options as to when they can visit it also limits the number of cars that will be there at any one time.

This was evident in day 1 having 29 cars and day 2 "only" 16. The more cars present in one go the bigger the spectacle. Great idea producing the hoody. A good quality garment with some great graphics. Another good and useful item to consider in future is a C6 logo umbrella. It's great free advertising as you walk around and useful at our often rain affected car shows.

While seeing the cars and meeting the owners was the main focus, I feel there could of been a bit more going on. One idea would be to have a peoples choice award for best C6. I know that many of us had spent some considerable time preparing our cars for the event and some form of recognition would of been fun and appreciated. A simple certificate to the winner would suffice.

Another idea would be for Robert, of BL Autos, who to his credit is a regular attendee of Citroen shows, to maybe do a Q+A session on C6 maintenance.

Overall for a first try at organising an event I think Steve and David did a great job.
e3steve   
Mon Aug 17 2015, 10:27pm
Member No: #1163
From my perspective the two-day event was spot-on. It was so difficult to get around to chatting with many members as those I did get to chinwag with had so much to share that was of great interest.

Lovely to meet Phil & Sue, from Co. Kildare; Phil is passionate about his Sixes and it shows in his energy & enthusiasm!

I don't think there'd be time to 'judge' the cars for a "best-in-show" award, frankly, but, as always, I'm prepared to be proved wrong (perhaps, chaps?) and eat those words...

I think that, next time, I'll attend solo, as poor Tracy had to tolerate being alone for most of the two days. I didn't get to spend as much time with you all at the campsite in the evenings, and I'd have loved to have spent longer around the campfire, when we arrived on Friday night, and contributed a few botellas de vino to the occasion!

All-in-all, a triffic weekend! Much gratitude to Steve & David!!
FreakyFrenchFan   
Tue Aug 18 2015, 09:05am
Member No: #2057
Did my post violate posting terms and conditions? It appears to of been modified.
C6Dave   
Tue Aug 18 2015, 10:54am

Member No: #1
FreakyFrenchFan wrote ...

Did my post violate posting terms and conditions? It appears to of been modified.

It was all 1 long unreadable paragraph, so I added a few line breaks, that's all.......
Website
PaulL   
Tue Aug 18 2015, 01:56pm
Member No: #2299
This is my second attempt at writing something. Lost the first one when attempting to preview my reply.....

I will start by saying that this comment is probably more of a reflection on me than on the event itself but I was disappointed.

This was our first time at an event like this so we didn't know anyone. We arrived mid afternoon on Saturday. Had a look at the cars, spoke to a couple of people and had a wander around the museum (a very impressive museum although the coffee served was terrible!!!). Would like to have spoken to more people but everyone seemed engrossed in small groups and I didn't want to interrupt. Picked up my hoodie and headed off.

I think my point is that it would have been nice if someone (perhaps one of the organisers) had come over when we arrived to say hello and perhaps introduce us to other people. I am a pretty unsociable person but my wife likes meeting people (the other wives / girlfriends seemed to be staying 'safe' in their cars).

Perhaps an activity would help (we couldn't make the Saturday evening meal) as this would bring people together. I also like the idea of a Q&A with BL Autos or some other interested / interesting party.

As I said at the start, what I am saying is probably more a reflection on me than anything else, particularly as everyone else has been so positive about the event but I thought I ought to give the view of someone (albeit a pretty miserable g*t) new to C6 ownership and these events.
Trainman   
Tue Aug 18 2015, 02:08pm

Member No: #86
[quote]Would like to have spoken to more people but everyone seemed engrossed in small groups and I didn't want to interrupt. Picked up my hoodie and headed off.

PaulL wrote ...
I think my point is that it would have been nice if someone (perhaps one of the organisers) had come over when we arrived to say hello and perhaps introduce us to other people. I am a pretty unsociable person but my wife likes meeting people (the other wives / girlfriends seemed to be staying 'safe' in their cars).

Paul, I can only apologise for not speaking to you, Both David and I were trying to sort out the hoodies people had ordered, as people were asking us if we had any spare. Both David and I tried speaking to as many people as possible, however, as in your case some were sadly missed.

Having said that, It's a good point you raise, we need something that tells people who the organisers are, so thank you for that.

PaulL wrote ...
Perhaps an activity would help (we couldn't make the Saturday evening meal) as this would bring people together. I also like the idea of a Q&A with BL Autos or some other interested / interesting party.

Because the museum offered a great deal to do, we decided not to do a 'drive out' having said that, it's something to think about for another event.
Eric   
Tue Aug 18 2015, 05:44pm
Member No: #425
For me and my wife it was a great event. Maybe more for me than her but she still
did enjoy the event on both days. Hoodies, mugs and windscreen stickers were
perfect as was the location.

Chatting with the guys and finding out how to pull things apart and put them back
together was a great highlight. If someone from BL Autos can give a helping hand
with a Q&A session all the better.

To put faces to names and be able to thank Steve and Dave for their great
organisation and support of the website was also a high point.

The second day of a two day event will almost always be hit and miss as people
have to set off home part way through the day.

I am already getting excited about the possible visit to the Citroën Conservatoire. We must do this chaps and lasses..... If not see you all in 5 years time or sooner.
C6FJC   
Wed Aug 19 2015, 12:23am
Member No: #2296
Excellent event; Jacqui & I enjoyed it and it was good to meet up with friends old and new including a non-C6 owner, Richard Brown, who'd welcomed me so warmly at my first CCC meeting in Cheshire 23 years ago and who I'd not seen for several years; the North Wales & Borders CCC Section is apparently not yet completely extinct!

The event worked better I think because there was an obvious tie up between c6owners and the CCC.I enjoyed the informality. Everyone was enthusiastic and passionate about the model & their cars. It was fantastic to see fellow enthusiasts from Ireland and Japan.

I'd echo the remarks made so far.

As Steve said, the venue was much more interesting than the fields we've been used to over the past few decades and adaptable to the vagaries of the weather with which we were lucky.

The event was well organised, we were grateful the location for the meal had been identified and the meal went down well in good company; everyone seemed very relaxed and willing to while away a couple of hours.

I agree with the observations regarding the two day event possibly limiting the numbers at any one time rather than getting everyone all together on one day; conversely two days definitely allowed more owners and C6 enthusiasts overall to be able to attend than if it had just been restricted to a one day event. It was interesting to see some new people still arriving as late as 3:15 on the Sunday afternoon when we initially attempted to leave and all credit to Steve and David for making the late arrivals welcome whilst we explored Hangar 1. A limited programme of other optional activities might have appealed to some of those who showed up or perhaps didn't? Perhaps suggesting a focused time might also have increased the opportunity for maximum numbers for an organised photo shoot?

The above two suggestions aren't criticisms, only comments on what might be proposed for future similar events. I am also a member of a few other car clubs with my other vehicles and have attended events in the past few years at Beaulieu (the Art of Citroen exhibition as the C6 was launched in the UK), Gaydon, Coventry Motor Museum, Wroxall Abbey, Horwood House and Precott Hillclimb. The potential is there to make more of similar events at interesting venues by combining with other Citroen related clubs and sections a la Pugfest if the spirit of co-operation and friendship everyone showed can be imbued with other groups. It's been disappointing in recent years to see the numbers of SMs and Traction Avants dropping off at national events except at the 2012 ICCCR and if Cosford is a good demonstration of what could be achieved just for one model, imagine what if there was a willingness for greater co-operation between Citroen related groups than I've seen in recent years. Quite a lot of the banter was unrelated to C6s and the better and more interesting for the variety.

As someone who is normally reserved, I have sympathy with PaulL and do apologise if we might have come across like cliques; I'm regularly in the same situation and am not a natural 'networker'. Often it's just a matter of striking up conversations; everyone I approached came across as entirely amiable and willing to talk and be good listeners.

All credit to Steve and David for a very memorable event. A very big thanks indeed to them for all their time and efforts in setting this up.

Fraser

2009 C6 Exclusive 3.0HDi: Abyss Blue / Wadibis (kind courtesy of c6dave)
Ex 2006 C6 Exclusive 2.7HDi Ganache / Mistral
Ex 2002 C5 Exclusive SE Estate Hurricane Grey
Ex 1993 Xantia VSX 1.9TD Emerald
Ex 1988 BX 16 Valve Alpine White
verycleverman   
Wed Aug 19 2015, 09:34am
Member No: #65
I could not agree more with PaulL; it was exactly the way I felt about the event. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the day, (despite being embarrassed at having the second dirtiest car in the lineup), but I felt anonymous. There were so many museum visitors, I assume, wandering around that it was impossible to distinguish owners from onlookers.

My wife and I are not particularly outgoing people so it would have been nice to have a point of contact. Maybe some name tags could have been supplied, showing user name and real name. Let's face it, we all know each other from our posts but that doesn't help when someone introduces himself as Bob or Fred or whatever. It would also help to identify owners. I wandered up and down the line for hours and only spoke to three or four people; the only person I could tie down a name to was C6Dave, and that was due to his immaculate DS!

I didn't order a Hoodie as I don't think I would ever wear one, but I would have bought a windscreen sticker and a mug, had I known they were available. I know there was mention of the mugs in the run up but the suggestion appeared to come to nought. Perhaps beanie hats might have been an idea, I'm still suffering from sunburn on the top of my head due to the sunshine and cool wind.

All that aside, we did enjoy our day and thanks to Steve and David for organising it all, it would have been nice to meet you; although, maybe I did!

Pete.

ecksem   
Wed Aug 26 2015, 11:20pm
Member No: #626
There are some good ideas here about how to break the ice. I recognise that the event was the brainchild of someone who knew someone else and they created the opportunity for someone like me down in the muddy Devon lanes to meet other c6 owners, and I am grateful for their initiative. I arrived and knew no-one else so was also feeling a little 'out of it'. Having the dirtiest and most dented C6 didn't help my self esteem when I really wanted to ask a few questions of others who may have been in a similar position. May I say thanks to those I parked alongside who were generous with their experience and have helped me resolve to keep on pampering the old beast. Maybe someone could bring one of those portable gazebos and set up a welcome tent next time, and perhaps a quiz about Citroenalia to start communication? I'm not a Citroen Car Club fan altho I've probably had most models in my 60 years of motoring.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club