C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Ice / USB Box / Telephone problems

system starting problems

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Tjensen   
Sat Jul 18 2015, 12:41pm
Member No: #954
What might be the reason for the system never coming plast the Chevrons. ? It lasted 10kms, then Ok after engine restart. Charged the battery, the only thing I could think of.
m3mpower   
Mon Jul 20 2015, 10:18pm
Member No: #662
Tjensen wrote ...

What might be the reason for the system never coming plast the Chevrons. ? It lasted 10kms, then Ok after engine restart. Charged the battery, the only thing I could think of.

Hi, I suppose you are talking about the sat nav system failing to completely boot up.

With time it won't boot up at all, even after 100kms

This needs repairing
Website
Tjensen   
Tue Jul 21 2015, 05:17pm
Thanks for a depressing answer. Difficult to do here in Norway ? Only happened 2 times in 3 years, so I cross my fingers... What might be the problem ?
m3mpower   
Tue Jul 21 2015, 05:27pm
Tjensen wrote ...

Thanks for a depressing answer. Difficult to do here in Norway ? Only happened 2 times in 3 years, so I cross my fingers... What might be the problem ?

sorry for the depressing answer but it's the reality.
It's a hardware problem and this needs to be professionally repaired

Website
Tjensen   
Tue Jul 21 2015, 08:00pm
If and when this start to happen often : Do I then need to get the whole unit out of the car and send it to you for repair (the car being out of use in the repair period) ??
m3mpower   
Tue Jul 21 2015, 08:11pm
Tjensen wrote ...

If and when this start to happen often : Do I then need to get the whole unit out of the car and send it to you for repair (the car being out of use in the repair period) ??

yes, you'll have to send it away.
the car can be used during the repair period no problem
Website
AndreSMCXXMC6   
Tue Jul 28 2015, 02:25pm
Member No: #615
Usually only the harddisk is causing the problem.
You take it out and DISK CHECK it linked to another PC.
Sometimes this works if no files are really corrupted.

Secondly you could re-format the disk and copy all the directories
on it again (so make a back-up copy of the files and directory).

Thirdly you could re-initialize the harddisk in your car by inserting the system 8.31 disk and doing a hard reset by shorting the 2 solder dots on the underneath side of the head unit. This takes a long time +/- 1.5 hours with the car running. Then you have to copy all your info files on it again like MP3 and so on.
In this case do not forget to copy your configuration files for YOUR CAR into the appropriate directory. Else you will miss all kind of of car set-ups like the distance detectors e.g. LEXIA can do this as well but takes a lot of effort and big chances of mistakes.

Fourth solution. If you have all he files saved you could also try to reformat the HARDDISK (or a replacement disk of 30 GBytes) in a PC and copy all the files and directories on it again.

Good luck, I have tried all these methods myself and they all work.
Norman   
Thu Jul 30 2015, 09:41pm
Member No: #364
Hi All, Mine did a system reboot on the inner Paris ring road yesterday just as we came to a 3 way turn off and it didn't finish it's set up until we had taken thankfully the correct route, this is the second time it's done it! I think it could be a heat problem as we didn't have the aircon on and we had been on the road for some 15 hours. Tomorrow we're driving from La Souterrain to niemes so will keep a eye on it.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club