C6owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: Members Get Togethers and Events

Saturday Night at Cosford

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Trainman   
Tue Jul 28 2015, 05:52am

Member No: #86
I've been wondering about heading out somewhere for a convoy drive on the Saturday evening, whilst we're at Cosford, Is there anybody local to the surrounding area that could suggest somewhere?

I'm thinking, along the lines of a local pub that serves food, should anybody want to eat there, somewhere with a big enough car park to accommodate 10/15 vehicles.
FraserG   
Wed Jul 29 2015, 12:44am
Member No: #2011
Hi Trainman, it is these kinds of great ideas that upset us C6 owners from New Zealand as it's just too far for us and our treasured C6's to travel and join in! At least we can live vicariously through this excellent C6Owners website.

PS I've now owned my 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive for 8 months with no problems. In that time I've only seen one other (when I was driving our office Mini) although recently two C6 3.0 Petrol have been imported from Japan and promptly sold.
Trainman   
Wed Jul 29 2015, 08:53am

Fraser,

We've got one chap flying in from Japan, with his wife and daughter for this so, I've also got orders from Norway for the Hoodies, so sorry not really an excuse

drummond   
Wed Jul 29 2015, 11:36am
Member No: #238
Steve, it's not the chap who turned up at the TOC meeting, is it? He (and his wife) speak virtually no English, and they came over just for the event. I believe he's a surgeon.

It was great to see them, I don't think that I shall go to Japan for the reverse fixture!

Tim
Trainman   
Wed Jul 29 2015, 11:41am

Not sure Tim, to be honest.........
FraserG   
Thu Jul 30 2015, 01:04am
Hi Steve,

OK weak excuse! Google Earth allowed me to see where you are talking about which is great. I must say that I was very tempted to order one of the hoodies and it's cold enough here in the middle of winter to wear one at the moment. Probably a day time high of 15 degrees c today although sunny.

Bought a new battery a couple of weeks ago for the C6. My mechanic said that it was the original in the car that he replaced and it wasn't dead. Just a little slower turning over on the one frosty morning we've had this year. One battery in 138,000 kms sounds good to me. Mind you you wouldn't want to change them regularly. I thought my CX one was difficult enough but at least I could see it. My mechanic Phil didn't complain though. He said there wasn't one thing that he didn't like about the C6.
C6Dave   
Thu Jul 30 2015, 07:46am

Member No: #1
FraserG wrote ...

... it's cold enough here in the middle of winter to wear one at the moment. Probably a day time high of 15 degrees c today although sunny.

High of 15c in the winter.... it's mid summer here and we had 12c the last couple of days and heavy persistant rain......
Website
cruiserphil   
Thu Jul 30 2015, 10:31am

Member No: #38
Dave,
Same here and with hailstones. I think Steve is promising a heatwave for the gathering
Trainman   
Thu Jul 30 2015, 09:07pm

cruiserphil wrote ...
I think Steve is promising a heatwave for the gathering

I've placed the order, sometime ago, however, in typical Citroen style I suspect it could be on back order.......... I hope I'm wrong
Trainman   
Thu Jul 30 2015, 09:09pm

FraserG wrote ...

I must say that I was very tempted to order one of the hoodies and it's cold enough here in the middle of winter to wear one at the moment. Probably a day time high of 15 degrees c today although sunny.

I don't know what the postage to Auckland is, but I can find out if you want one?
FraserG   
Thu Jul 30 2015, 11:22pm
Hi Steve,

you've prompted me! I would like one in grey, large/xtra large size if possible? Can I send you credit card details? What would be best? I have my brother in law heading to the UK shortly and I could perhaps get it delivered to relatives in England and he can pick it up for me?

Let me know what is easiest for you?

Cheers Fraser
Trainman   
Fri Jul 31 2015, 12:40am

If your brother in law s coming over, it would be easier to arrange for him to take it back, if you PM me a name and address, I'll send it to them.

Do you use PayPal?
David Hallworth   
Sat Aug 01 2015, 10:36pm

Member No: #90
Ok, with this event rapidly approaching, we're trying to organise something for the Saturday evening, after the first day of the gathering.

We're looking at getting in touch with a couple of pubs in the Albrighton area to see if we can get a deal to allow everyone to have a bite to eat and be sociable rather then everyone heading their own way for dinner.

How would everyone who is planning to attend for the weekend feel about us organising a "Pie and a Pint" or a "Beer and a Burger" deal with a local pub to allow us all to have a sit down, and a good chin wag about all things Citroen, and who knows what else!

If you are interested, please comment below stating if you are happy with the proposed deal and I'll see what we can organise. If you have any special requirements you'd like me to enquire about, please also let me know.

I look forward to seeing everyone in a fortnight and admiring lots of C6's

David.
Eric   
Mon Aug 03 2015, 03:56pm
Member No: #425
Hello David, I would be up for that - Not too many pints though.....

See you soon,

Eric.
cruiserphil   
Mon Aug 03 2015, 09:12pm

Member No: #38
David,
We!ll go along ( 2 people),

Best regards,

Phil C.
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club