Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
ststech   
Thu Jul 23 2015, 10:40pm
Member No: #1845
hi havent been in here for a while i sold my c6 and now buying another

it is a 2006 exclusive that has rt3

my questions are how easy would it be to convert to rt4 with jukbox function like my old c6

if too complicated and expensive i would b thinking of buying citroen usb box
and would like to know if track information can be displayed like on the rt4 i had
or does it just display track numbers from usb stick

and how does it operate ie as a virtual cd changer as in my c4 i have a yatour usb adaptor and i hav to create folders 1 to 6 ach labled cd1 2 3 etc and containing max 99 tracks

at the moment in my 2009 c5 with ng4 and usb function i have a 32gb usb stick with about 15 folders containing ovr 1000 tracks

how would this work with citroen usb box and rt3

any info appreciated
Website
m3mpower   
Fri Jul 24 2015, 10:26pm
Member No: #662
ststech wrote ...

hi havent been in here for a while i sold my c6 and now buying another

it is a 2006 exclusive that has rt3

my questions are how easy would it be to convert to rt4 with jukbox function like my old c6

if too complicated and expensive i would b thinking of buying citroen usb box
and would like to know if track information can be displayed like on the rt4 i had
or does it just display track numbers from usb stick

and how does it operate ie as a virtual cd changer as in my c4 i have a yatour usb adaptor and i hav to create folders 1 to 6 ach labled cd1 2 3 etc and containing max 99 tracks

at the moment in my 2009 c5 with ng4 and usb function i have a 32gb usb stick with about 15 folders containing ovr 1000 tracks

how would this work with citroen usb box and rt3

any info appreciated

Hi
Swapping from RT3 to RT4 is easy, as long as you have the full kit, ie RT4 head unit and screen, screen cable.
Then you'll have to change the antenna cables , and modify the wiring loom from head unit to screen and from head unit to aux port in glovebox.
If your RT3 system comes with a JBL amplifier, you'll have to modify its wiring too.
And if you're going to do the upgrade better go for the RT5 as you'll get built in Bluetooth.

For the USB box I never tried one so i can't comment on that.
Website
ststech   
Sat Jul 25 2015, 12:27am
if i could find a c5 with rt4 and nav breaking for spares would it have the parts required?
Website
m3mpower   
Sat Jul 25 2015, 10:41am
ststech wrote ...

if i could find a c5 with rt4 and nav breaking for spares would it have the parts required?

Yes
C5 II not C5 X7
Website
ststech   
Sun Jul 26 2015, 12:27am
i have found a c5 II with nav what do i need to remove from it and how easy is it
thanks
Website
ststech   
Sun Jul 26 2015, 12:50am
does anyone have instructions on how to do upgrade from rt3 to rt4
inc modifications to looms ect and what needs to be changed with the jbl amplifier?

the head unit screen etc will be coming from a 2007 c5 II
what needs to be removed and will i need anything more or will the c5 have all i need?
Website
ststech   
Sun Jul 26 2015, 01:24am
i notice the rt4 has 4 fakra connectors white grey red blue the rt3 has 3 connectors gsm gps and iso antenna how are the 4 connected to the rt4 if they are not in the c6 with rt3 that has just 2 gsm plus gps and iso antenna

Website
e3steve   
Sun Jul 26 2015, 10:31am
Member No: #1163
ststech wrote ...

i notice the rt4 has 4 fakra connectors white grey red blue the rt3 has 3 connectors gsm gps and iso antenna how are the 4 connected to the rt4 if they are not in the c6 with rt3 that has just 2 gsm plus gps and iso antenna

Not being picky, but without any punctuation I can make neither head nor tail of much of this thread...
m3mpower   
Sun Jul 26 2015, 01:48pm
ststech wrote ...

Behind the mirror, there is the GPS/GSM module, it has 2 cables running down the A pillar to the back of the headunit.
You'll have to change that cable and fit the RT4 one ( i have one for sale in case ), this cable will connect to the blue ( GPS ) and red ( GSM ) fakra conenctors at the back of the RT4.
Then on your RT3, below the steering wheel you'll find the diversity box, you need to disconnect that, and connect extension cables to the white and grey FM cables.
Website
ststech   
Sun Jul 26 2015, 02:32pm
would the c5 have the extension cables for the 2 cables that go into the diversity box? or will i have to buy them if so what and where do i get them from.

once this has been resolved i take it i connect the lvds cable remove the optical cables connect the quadlock connector and code the headunit to bsi.
or is there more modifications to the screen cables?

is there anything else i need to do as the tutorial given is from rd4 to rt3 which i already have, i am upgrading rt3 to rt4

then comes question of the jbl amplifier what needs to be done here?
Website
ststech   
Sun Jul 26 2015, 02:47pm
m3mpower wrote ...

ststech wrote ...

Behind the mirror, there is the GPS/GSM module, it has 2 cables running down the A pillar to the back of the headunit.
You'll have to change that cable and fit the RT4 one ( i have one for sale in case ), this cable will connect to the blue ( GPS ) and red ( GSM ) fakra conenctors at the back of the RT4.
Then on your RT3, below the steering wheel you'll find the diversity box, you need to disconnect that, and connect extension cables to the white and grey FM cables.

M3mpower just a quick question how much would you charge for an rt4 plus screen and cables inc gps/gsm and fm extension cables to do the upgrade as it would make job easier than dismantling another vehicle thats assumng you have all of the above
or i buy the c5 for £650 ??
thanks simon
Website
ststech   
Sun Jul 26 2015, 03:20pm
are these the extension cables needed ?

ebay item 371357338401
Website
m3mpower   
Sun Jul 26 2015, 06:52pm
ststech wrote ...

m3mpower wrote ...

ststech wrote ...

M3mpower just a quick question how much would you charge for an rt4 plus screen and cables inc gps/gsm and fm extension cables to do the upgrade as it would make job easier than dismantling another vehicle thats assumng you have all of the above
or i buy the c5 for £650 ??
thanks simon

Hi Simon
I can match that price, for RT4, screen, screen cable, antenna cables, modified wiring loom ( plug and play ), what i don't have is the radio FM extension cables.
VIN coding and configuration with original C6 files, 2015 Europe maps with speed camera alerts, help with the installation.
Let me know if you are interested
Website
ststech   
Sun Jul 26 2015, 07:35pm
that sounds great would that include postage to uk ?
also is that rt4 with hdd/jukebox also could you enable the usb port on the back of the unit i have made up a cable

could you give me some contact details

ps are the cables i found on ebay above correct ?

regards Simon
Website
m3mpower   
Sun Jul 26 2015, 08:10pm
ststech wrote ...

that sounds great would that include postage to uk ?
also is that rt4 with hdd/jukebox also could you enable the usb port on the back of the unit i have made up a cable

could you give me some contact details

ps are the cables i found on ebay above correct ?

regards Simon

Hi Simon
Yes that includes the delivery to UK by UPS.
No problem for the USB port, i will activate it and enable the trip computer page too.
Please send me an email to e mail icon with photos of your C6 dash ( RT3 front panel ) to match the colour of the RT4 front panel.

Regarding those extension cables, they should be fine, although it is better to check with the seller if they are suitable for FM aerial cables.

Website
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club