C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Super Sticky

How to access the maxi fuses?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
gbl   
Sat Jul 11 2015, 01:33pm
Member No: #936
When investigating some "Suspension fault" messages, Lexia tells me that "sensor power supply is missing" for front height sensor, for rear height sensor, and for communication with built-in systems interface. All 3 faults are P05D2 which I can not find in the list.
Strangely Lexia does not report of any hydraulic pump fault, but the pump motor is not running.
So with all this "power supply" missing, I suspect the maxi fuse for the hydraulic pump motor needs to be inspected as a first step.

I have read through several very good related posts here, but I have not been able to find an exact instruction on how to get to that maxi fuse. And I did not find anything in the download section. I understand it is somewhere below the normal fuses. The photo shows how far I got (5 big connectors and 12V+ cable removed). What's next is not intuitive to me, and I don't want to break any plastic parts.

It would be great if someone can give a few hints on how to proceed towards the suspension maxi fuse.

Thank you!!!!!!

gbl   
Sat Jul 11 2015, 03:16pm
I fiddled some more with the fuse box, and managed to lift out the upper layer to get access to the maxi fuses. To move the upper layer, there is a plastic flap (which cracked) located just above the yellow maxi fuse facing the front of the car, a similarly located flap facing the rear of the car, and finally a flap facing the left side of the car.

There was a blown orange 40 A maxi fuse in the empty spot in the photo. So I suppose that must be the one covering the suspension....

Has anyone come across a proper listing of what each maxi fuse is covering?

eduardomaio   
Sun Jul 12 2015, 12:37pm
Member No: #869
Yes, one of the orange fuses is the fuse related to the suspension pump. If it was blown probably the pump is on it's way out.

Also, beware, I've read on a french forum that the cable that you disconnected is not a neutral but actually a live wire.
Website
magicands   
Mon Jul 13 2015, 02:26pm
Member No: #1021
eduardomaio wrote ...

Yes, one of the orange fuses is the fuse related to the suspension pump. If it was blown probably the pump is on it's way out.

Also, beware, I've read on a french forum that the cable that you disconnected is not a neutral but actually a live wire.

I don't think that cable is "Live" +............But.....it may be worthwhile checking it with a meter just in case?
Website
gbl   
Tue Jul 14 2015, 03:24pm
eduardomaio wrote ...

Thank you eduardomaio! I just checked and you are absolutely right that the large cable connected in the fuse box is 12V + . I wouldn't have guessed so from it's appearance. Good to know!
magicands   
Wed Jul 15 2015, 02:12pm
Member No: #1021
Thank you eduardomaio! I just checked and you are absolutely right that the large cable connected in the fuse box is 12V + . I wouldn't have guessed so from it's appearance. Good to know!

Website

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club